Thursday, September 25, 2008

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig!

Well, today was the fasted I've been in and out of the hospital. Even though we were called back late for the non-stress test, it didn't take long and I was only 20 minutes late for my dr appt, and then when I got up there Dr L's nurse was waiting for me and took us right back.

Today I measured 46cm. Yippee....I am still growing! :) And then he checked me. I am 4-5cm and still 80% effaced. I can't believe he sent me home!! :( I didn't think he would when I heard the 5cm part. He must just be trying to buy as much time as possible. He said he was thrilled I made it to 36 weeks, and now he is going to be greedy and try for 37! Blah! So he scheduled an induction of next wednesday, October 1st. But honestly I don't see myself making it another 6 days, we'll see though. I am having contractions all the time, during my NST they were 6 minutes apart. So it could happen any time!! I'm getting a little nervous!! But there is an end in sight now, don't know if I'm completely ready for it, but it'll be awesome to meet these littles ones! :)

6 comments:

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

I CAN't BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE STILL HERE??!!! That is just crazy! Well, maybe you'll make it to 38 weeks like me! Wahoo!!! Way to go though....that is so awesome that you've been able to hang on this long! Hey, and when you say Dr. L, do you mean Dr. Larkin? or what doc did you end up with over there? If it is Dr. Larkin tell him hello for me! I just love that guy! Well, I'll keep checking back hoping for some exciting news soon! GOod luck! Oh...and just make sure you get them here less than an hour apart!!!! :)

Jocelyn said...

I seriously thought you would be having them today. If we both make it to the 1st I'll be amazed. I have no idea how far apart my contractions are... I go for hours with none but at night I swear it's one long contraction, lasting for hours. You're doing so good though to be dilated all this time and still be keeping them in.

*alysha* said...

First of all... your 36 week picture looks so painful. Can your tummy even stretch anymore? For your sake I hope your boys come sooner just so you don't POP! But on the other hand my favorite birthday's are in October!!! Good Luck!

Sara said...

you look great, but i can't imagine how you must feel!! i know how it feels at the end with ONE baby so it must be twice as uncomfortable. is it??

I hope you're doing well ... I can't believe they aren't here yet. I thought for sure I'd log on and see photos of babies!!

suzy said...

You really do look great and how fun to have your babies in the fall!! It is just the best time of year for babies I think. I know I live far away, but I hope if you ever need anything you will ask. I know you won't though. Good Luck!!

Elizabeth said...

wow - so impressive you've made it this far. good luck in the next few days. can't wait to see the little guys!