Friday, May 29, 2009

Lake Tahoe

Child-Free trips are fabulous! Yesterday Josh and I left all the kiddos behind and headed to beautiful Lake Tahoe. The drive was long, and it didn't help that we didn't leave until after 1pm, but that's ok! The drive was alright...I drove most of the way and let Josh take the last 20-30 miles because my hands were starting to hurt.

We didn't get to do anything yesterday, but today we finally ventured out of the hotel around noon and got some lunch. I had a yummy chicken caesar salad. It was huge..the bowl they brought it to me in looked like a big serving bowl.

We walked across the street from the hotel and we were suddenly in California. I thought that was funny. We walked around a bit and then we decided to drive up the CA side of the lake. We stopped at a little beach and walked around in the water for a bit. It was warmer than I expected. I got a couple pictures of Josh and then asked him to take a picture of me. I turned around to take a few steps away from him and I heard a "plunk" sound in the water. I turned around and the camera was in the water! He was holding it by the strap and it broke off the camera, sending it into the water. I wanted to cry!! Especially since we headed up to Emerald bay. It was beautiful and all I had was my almost dead iphone. So at least we were able to get a few pictures with that. We kept driving and found a big area of cabins. We drove those roads up as high as we could until we couldn't get any higher. It was so pretty up there. On the way back to the hotel we stopped at a little drive in and got some huge ice cream cones. We will have to go back tomorrow and get another.

Not sure what we will do tomorrow for sure, but we have some ideas. Josh wants to go Kayaking or get a sail boat, but I would rather go on a "cruise" of sorts and let someone who knows what they are doing take us out on the lake. We found a cool looking sail boat cruise, so hopefully if we do that the camera will be working or I will be sad. We were also looking into maybe horseback riding. There are some hikes I would like to do also!

Well, I am starving and we are heading out for some sushi! Hope it's good...I've never had any exept for nasty costco sushi...Enjoy a few pics from our day today!

(I miss my kids like crazy (this is the first time I have been away from my bubbas ever) and am so grateful to my mother in law who watched the kids yesterday until this afternoon, and my parents who will have them until sunday night!! Thanks so much you guys!!

4 comments:

Jessica Marie said...

I'm glad you had fun! The picture of Josh and the ice cream cone is so funny! :) Enjoy your weekend! :)

Tamara said...

That is so sad about your camera! Sorry I couldn't talk--I tried calling you back. Maybe tomorrow! Have a great time!

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

I am so uber-jealous! I LOVE Tahoe, enjoy! If you can find some rice, disassemble all the pieces of the camera and let them all dry out in a bowl of rice for a day. Saved my 'dropped in the bath tub' camera! Go for a sunset cruise on the lake--I've never actually been, but have always wanted to.

Danette said...

I hope you are having so much fun. You need it. I love that pic of Josh eating the ice cream. I am so sorry about your camrea well i guess that is a good reason to get a new one.. Well i hope you have a good weekend and I will talk to you when you get back.