Thursday, June 11, 2009

This Is The Place {heritage park}

Today was week 2 of our Park a week adventure. Although this wasn't my original destination...actually I didn't pick on this week because all it has done is rain rain rain!! My mom called yesterday and told me that This is the Place park was FREE today for Huntsman Day. So I met my mom and sis in law up there at 10am. I decided to count it as my park for the week since we packed a picnic and ate up there. It was lots of fun! The first thing we did was ride the ponies, which of course, the girls loved!

Then we checked out the funnest little petting zoo-ish area. There were goats, lambs, and ducks running around for the kids to pet. Jenica took off chasing after a duck pretty quickly, next thing you know, she was holding it right in front of me, so I took a little video because she was so happy. Then a lady came up to me and totally went off on me "they asked us not to pick up the animals, you can only pet them!" So I quickly apologized to her...and told Jeni to put it down. So she did and then this lady continued to go on and on and on. It kinda upset me...but what do you do. I said I was sorry...the duck was running around again, actually now a little girl was trying to pull its feathers out...but at least it wasn't my child that was doing anything to it. Whew.


This little lamby friend was totally checking out the boys...it was so cute because the boys were totally smiling...sad I didn't get a picture from the front, but this one it cute!




We rode the train up the hill and got off to ride the little train. I had no idea how little it actually was. I'm surprised I fit on the thing! Here are the kids waiting in line for the train.
And here is Jenica and Parker riding on the Caboose...
And me and my Kiki riding together.
The boys were there too...they spend most of their time enjoying the sights from their stroller. They were happy. Naptime was totally a joke today...oh yah...there was no nap time! They were awake the whole drive there (I must say they usually nap from 9:30-11:30 and then 2:00-4:00). They finally feel asleep as we were walking to the car and slept for a whole 20 minutes as we drove to Josh's work to say Hi. Then they were awake the rest of the day until 6...and oh boy...they were not very happy...so we skipped bath time and they went to bed at 6:30. Aren't their hoodies so cute? I got them not too long ago at the Childrens Place outlet...yup...i paid $1.59 a piece! They were pretty big on them, seeing as I bought them for this fall...but hey, they kept them nice and warm today!
Back to our day...:) We got free ice cream! When the guy asked how many people were in the car so he could give me tickets for icecream I told him 6...but there were babies...so he gave me 5....he said the baby could have one too...then I said oh there are 2 babies and he started giving me another ticket and I told him he didn't need to, they were too little for icecream. So I ended up with 2 cones!
Our fun ended at about 1:30...the clouds were rolling in quick and they were dark...and there was tons of lightning...so we headed for the car and headed on our way!

Like I mentioned above, we stopped and saw Josh on the way home. The drive from there took forever because I missed the i15 lane from 201 and ended up on i80. Ugh, such a pain. And then there was a sign that said the freeway was flooded from 1100th south to 12300rd south, use caution and then BOOM. Traffic was moving like 5mph. So it took me 45 minutes to get from 90th-123rd. The only section that was covered was probably 110th-114th. So that was good, but it was freaky...couldn't see the lanes...just water...everywhere! The girls loved it though! And it was a great free day! :)

No comments: