Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Yay School!

I think last year I was a little sad when the girls went to school, maybe because Kaitlyn was starting Kindergarten?  I dunno, but WOW today has been heavenly.  Sure, I miss the girls, but it is so nice to hang out with the boys in a quiet house and not listen to the girls arguing all. day. long.  

So last night we got to go meet their teachers and see their class rooms!  We all know that Kari loves cupcakes, so I made some for their teachers!  I was so pleased with how they turned out!  I made the fondant (marshmallow fondant) and used a cute little wilton mini apple cookie cutter for the apples, then decorated them with a stem and leaf.  The cupcakes are chocolate, and the frosting is cream cheese!!  They were delicious!  I took a plate of extra cupcakes and the girls handed them out to old teachers, and I gave the rest to the cute ladies working in the office.
And here is the plate that each of their teachers received!
I really wanted to keep the cute apple hand sanitizer...it was so tempting sitting on the counter for the past few days!!  :)

Now, on to the first day pics!! 

First up, Miss Kaitlyn, who is starting 1st grade!  Can't believe it!  I swear last night was like Christmas eve...the kids would NOT go to bed!!
Just have to add a side note about her outfit!  My girls have tons of clothes, and I couldn't justify going out and buying new school clothes when they already have so many.  I did get Jeni's outfit for $7 @ Kohls during the summer (top, leggings, and necklace).  I was feeling sad that Kaitlyn didn't have something new to wear.  I got her this dress @ Gap this summer for $4, and I looked all over to find leggings that matched, the blues were so weird that I was just going to get navy ones.  So yesterday I was going though all the girls clothes and removing all the stuff that was too small.  I found these leggings in Jeni's drawer that were too small for her.  I quickly thought of this dress, and couldn't believe that they matched perfect!!  And to top it off, while looking for a shirt to wear under the dress we found this little sweater that was the same blue!  Me and Kiki were so excited!  And I had the perfect blue ribbon to make her cute hair flower too!!  

And now Jenica, I can't believe I have a 3rd grader!  It just seems so old!  I totally remember 3rd grade!!

She is getting so big and beautiful!! And isn't her $7 outfit awesome???

We were short on time so I made them throw their bikes in the back of the van, they can ride them home today!  I am a picture crazy mama and I had to go take a picture of them with their teachers before school started.  Tradition, ya know?  

So here's Kiki and her teacher.  She loves her!  She is so excited because her Aunt, Alicia, also had her for first grade!!
Jeni and her teacher!
And just for the fun of it, here are some cute pages I made with all the girls first day of school pictures so you can see how they have changed.  Although, Kaitlyn looks the same to me in all of them!


5 comments:

Liz said...

WOW!! So cute! Time goes by so fast and they are getting so big!

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

You're amazing--LOVE the cupcakes!

Tamara said...

I bet the teachers loved that treat! I loved looking at Jeni's page and seeing how much she has changed : ) What a cutie-patootie! Kiki is also, but you're right, she hasn't changed quite as much yet.

Unknown said...

so sweet....
i like your family....

Ang Campbell said...

Ack. They both look SO grown up!! Love that you're continuing with the signs :) It's so fun to look at the pics from year to year!

How do you keep from gaining 100 pounds a month with all the baking you do? You amaze me.