Sunday, October 31, 2010

happy halloweeny

This year I went all out with the costumes, and not only that...they were all handmade by me!!  I'm so proud of myself...oh yah, and I had no patterns either.  It all started earlier in the month when I was trying to come up with costume ideas because I knew I needed to get busy!  I started with the bubbas...Buzz and Woody, Peter Pan and Captain Hook...I went through several possibilities.  Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum stuck in my mind and then I came across the cutest Queen of Hearts dress on etsy, but the lady wanted well over $100 for it.  So I started planning out how I could make it myself and went to Joann's and bought all the fabric for all of the costumes for the kids...only cost me $30!  I sewed like crazy and can't believe I got them all done!  

Here's the first time I had both the girls in their costumes....Alice and the Queen of Hearts...They crack me up!!



 Here are the girls all ready to go to school in their costumes!

 I started w/ taking pictures of Julian...so cute, right?
 And then I got some of both the boys together...seriously so cute!
 Then I sent Julian in so I could get a pic of Jonjon alone...
 but little did I know, that I had sent in the wrong boy, and didn't realize it until I was looking through the pictures later that night!  Go figure....bad Kari.  Ooops!

We went to the school to watch the costume parade...here are the boys w/ Matt.
 Friday night we went to a trick or treat party at Josh's work.  The kids got loads of Candy.  Saturday night we did a little trick or treating around the neighborhood but it was cold and wet.  The boys were soooo cute though and were sure to tell everyone thank you!
 We came back home and warmed up w/ the family all over, had soup, and partied to Singstar+ for the PS3...I got it for free from houseparty.com.  It was a blast.  I think we all had a good time.



 And Josh brought home some dry ice to play with.  The boys loooooved it!

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween as well!!

No comments: