Wednesday, December 22, 2010

crazy for cakes!!

So if you know me, you know that my 2 latest obsessions have been sewing and cupcakes.  I have had a few orders for cakes lately and that makes me soooo happy!  So I am here to share with you all some of my latest work!  And if you need cupcakes or cakes for anything...please please keep me in mind!  Cupcakes start at $1/each (24 minimum) and 6" fondant cakes start at $25!  On to the pictures!!  

Cake for my friends birthday!  Red Velvet cake w/ cream cheese frosting, covered in fondant.

 Red Velvet Cupcakes for a comfort food contest at Josh's work....what's more comforting than cupcakes?  Fondant leaves on top, oh, and cream cheese frosting!
 Strawberry cupcakes, buttercream polka dot frosting!  These turned out darling!
 STAR WARS CAKE...oh  my...this one was soooo scary for me, but ended up bing one of my favorites!  Chocolate cupcakes, buttercream frosting, and fondant light sabers.

 The top turned out better than I could have hoped for and the birthday boy looooved his cake!!
 Red Velvet cupcakes...they're supposed to be christmas trees!
 More christmas tree cupcakes, these I made for my moms birthday!
 and LEGOS!  I am so in love with these!  I made the legos out of rice krispie treats and covered them in fondant and used a straw to punch out the little bumps on the legos.  Genius!

These were for a little Alice in Wonderland tea party themed birthday.  So cute!
And these were for a wedding shower that my mom threw for a girl in her ward.  I think I made about 75 cupcakes or so.  Turned out adorable!

And now I can't remember if I ever shared pics of the wedding cake/cupcakes I did over the summer, but here they are as well!!


No comments: