Friday, May 16, 2008

California Part II


Alright folks, here we go again!  :)  I don't know how many parts this is going to take, I got most of the way through our first day at Disneyland, up until the Princesses...I decided they needed their own part...because there were just too many cute pictures!  Anyways, the girls started off their day by bugging my parents, as you can see!
We used our early entry into the park this day (because it wasn't good any of the other days we would be there).  We were lined up pretty early, so were about a million other people!  Here are the kids waiting anxiously to get into the park.
We had our plan of attack...Finding Nemo.  We decided this is the ride with the longest line and no fast pass...so we rushed over there and enjoyed being pretty far up in line, it got packed, and fast.  We probably waited 20-30 minutes, better than the people clear at the end with waaaay more than an hour to wait.  
I had to take a picture of my mom with each of the girls waiting in line, because I have a picture of me and my grandma in line for the submarines when I was 4.  They look cute and happy...in my picture, I was freaking out because I was scared of the ride...I'll have to post that one later.
Jenica tried to be brave.  The ride really scared her.  It was a cute ride, nothing I'd care about going on again...just glad we didn't wait too long to ride it.
The funniest thing was the second we got off Nemo, she let us know how much she disliked it...and then said "Let's go on SPACE MOUNTAIN".  We were a bit shocked, but she suggested it, so we went.  Josh, myself, and Jeni.  The line was like 5 minutes long.  The lines for everything were great all day!  Anyways, Josh and Jeni sat in the front row, I was behind them.  When we were done on the ride, she turned around and there were tears streaming down her face.  Poor thing.  While we were walking down from the ride she said "Mom, did that ride make you feel like you needed to vomit?"  lol

Next we went on Buzz Lightyear, probably one of the favorite rides of the whole trip.  My dad was such a cheater though...he kept flipping the car around and my score always sucked.  
Josh on the other hand, had a high score of over 200,000 points, I will have to ask him what his actual total was.  He was pretty into it, as you can see.
We walked by Star Tours, no line, so we headed in.  The girls were less than thrilled, we couldn't even get Jenica to be in the picture with us.  You can see Kaitlyn wasn't too happy about it.  They both rode it, and both said they didn't like it.  Which is funny because on the third day Kaitlyn begged to go on it again, so  Josh took her, and she loved it.  I said she liked it once and didn't like it once.  She said no Mommy, I liked it 2 times.    Sure had me fooled!
Josh has a history of forgetting his sunglasses places.  And miraculously he always gets them back.  Leaving them on a ride and Disneyland is not a good idea.  He stuck them under the seat on Star Tours and didn't realize it until we got out to the gift shop.  He ran back up there and got there just as the doors closed, so he had to wait for the next group to finish.  He did end up finding them.  We tried on hats while we waited for him.  
Here is Kaitlyn and my mom on Pirates.  They were kinda scared, go figure, but they ended up liking it.
We also took them on Splash Mountain.  They loved the ride, but HATED being soaked after.  I was drenched, to say the least. 

Here's Josh and Jeni on the Winnie the Pooh ride.  Nothing too thrilling, we rode it once...my poor dad rode it like 5 times in a row with my nephew. 
And we all rode the Carousel.  The girls loved it, they probably couldn't tell you how many times they rode it (and the carousel in California Adventure). 
My parents took the girls for a bit so Josh and I could go on Indiana Jones and the Haunted Mansion.  They loved riding the Tea Cups with Nana!!  Over and over and over...another ride I'm sure they couldn't tell you how many times they rode it.
And  they LOVED Dumbo.  Although at first Jenica was scared to make it go up, so Josh got to ride nice and low...on the ground.  lol
We ran into our first Character on the side of the castle.  The Fairy Godmother.  We got a picture and autographs.  
We spent a little time in Toon Town, this picture of Jenica cracks me up...her face is great.  She was really trying to lift it, it was funny.
Kaitlyn had to try too.  Then we toured Minnie's house, hoping to see her, but nope.  The girls thought her house was soo cute though.
We ended up at Mickey Mouse's house and waited in a line to meet him, it was worth the wait, Kaitlyn was soooo excited!  She just loves Mickey.  It cracked me up that she just hugged his leg like that!  What a cutie!  She was pretty excited.
And when we were having our Family picture taken, Josh got yelled at by the photographer for giving Mickey bunny ears.  It was funny.  Too bad my parents didn't get that with either of the cameras.
And so concludes Part 2, hope you all enjoyed it!  I feel sick, I had a corn dog for lunch, I guess that wasn't a good idea!  I have to leave in a few minutes to go pick up our new (used) dresser I got on the classifieds.  Stay tuned for Part 3...Princesses!  :)

1 comment:

Tamara said...

These are so fun to read! I was thinking of some questions as I read it though--like, how did your mom and dad ride the tea cups over and over with your girls and not puke? I won't even go once! And how did you do Star Tours and not get sick? Kyle and I both were sick after that one--never again! It was fun seeing your dad--I have NEVER seen him before! You look alot like him. Can't wait to see the princesses!