Friday, May 23, 2008

Hmmm...

Does this baby make me look fat??

Today has been great.  I woke up at 6:30am, haven't done that in a looong time.  That's more of the 'not so great' part...I am exhausted!  I had an appt with new dr at 8:45 up in Murray and I
 didn't know how the traffic would be and such, so I needed to be all ready to go straight from dropping Jeni off at school at 8!  I made really good time actually...I got there at 8:30 and had the fun of filling out a bunch of paper work!  Always a blast...
Anyways, the office was right in the new hospital, it was so nice!  I was a little nervous driving up there, but as soon as I got in there I felt so good and calm and relaxed.  I never felt that way at the other dr.  Besides, I am less freaked out now because yesterday I went and picked up my medical records from the old dr and I read them and my friend who is a nurse helped me understand some of the stuff.  Basically I am really annoyed and them freaking me out about toxemia and all when my charts show it wasn't "that bad".  I mean, I'd rather they did more than not enough, but I have been terrified of having a baby and become very anxious about it
 and I just feel like they really made a huge deal out of it.  Oh well, it was 4 1/2 years ago!  I'm glad I can sit back and enjoy this pregnancy now, without constantly thinking I am going to die.  One giant leap in the right direction!!
I met Dr L's nurse and she was very nice.  My blood pressure was great (probably cause I wasn't so nervous, lol).  I did the whole routine and waited to see the dr.  We talked for a minute and I really liked him, and then we got the heartbeat, which was difficult to keep because lil' bean was flipping all over the place.  Then he measured me and I was shocked...I was measuring at 22 weeks when I am just 18.  He said they'll measure baby next week in my ultrasound and change my due date if needed, but he said it's probably just that this is baby #3 and/or the way I am
 carrying!  My uterus is already above my belly button.  Yup, I could tell!  And I am starting to feel more movement, which is always fun!!  :)  
Scheduled the big ultrasound for NEXT FRIDAY!  So in 1 more week we will know if it's a he or a she!  I can't wait!  Oh, and about the belly pic above, I asked Jeni to take one, and that's what I got!  A major close up!!  I thought it was cute though!  
In other news...well...there isn't really any other news!  We are getting a new/used couch
 though!  Hopefully tonight!  We just bought these off of Josh's aunt who just bought all new furniture!

So there's a couch, armchair, and ottoman!  I am sooo excited!  I am soooo sick of our blue couch!  And these are sooooo comfy, the leather is super loft and in great condition!  :)

Alright, I really need to get some stuff done, but I think I need a quick catnap first!  :/

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Jeni did a really good job! Can't wait to find out what you're having either!

Rob and Shannon LaFontaine said...

It has been such a long time! I knew this blogging thing was a great idea! Congratulations on number 3. I hope all goes well.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you like your new doctor! Your belly looks way cute! I am excited for you to find out what you're having!

Diana said...

Congrats!!! I won't disclose your exciting news until you do...but Angela called to tell me!! I am so excited for you. I'm sure Josh is thrilled. Seriously, it will be an adventure. You can count on me to come over in October to help out! I love newborn babies! I am so happy and excited for you. You will be just fine. I can't wait to read what you have to write!!! CONGRATS!!! I have a funny story to share about this post...after you reveal you news!