Wednesday, June 25, 2008

CLOTHES!!

See!?  I told you so!  I don't know what to do!  I had 10 big storage bins FULL of girl clothes!  I went through them ALL today and sorted them into size piles, in hopes I could figure out a good way to sell this stuff!  I was surprised at how little I had left in the 0-3 month pile, but the pile for 3-6 month is good, 6-12 is pretty big, I combined 12-18/18-24 and it is huge, 24month/2t is bigger, 3t is bigger than that, and 4t-4/5 is the biggest!  Just to give you an idea of how much there is...I counted the pile of 3t stuff and there was 115 things!!  I was thinking about just putting the lots on ebay, but ebay is really hit and miss...you see small lots go for over $100 and huge ones barely make it to $20...When we had our yard sale last year I sold all the clothes for $1/piece and that went over really well.  All of my clothes come from 1 of 3 places: Childrens Place (which is a majority of the bigger sizes), Old Navy (there's a decent mix), or BabyGap (which is pretty much what all of the smaller stuff is).  Any suggestions on how I could sell this?  Post it all on KSL or Craigslist at $1/piece??  Anyone interested in buying any?  I have some reeeeeally cute stuff...I just don't feel like hanging onto it anymore since I am having 2 BOYS!  Who knows if there will be more kids after this...and 10 bins takes up quite a bit of room in the basement!  I'm working on getting pictures of each size lot, so if you are interested...let me know!  :)

I am starving!  I need to make some dinner and i am really sore today!  All the way up around my ribs...it sucks...it hurts sitting here in the computer chair!  I need to move to something where I can recline back a bit!  Time to figure out something for dinner!!  And it's almost 8pm!  Bad me!!

13 comments:

Angie & Willy said...

I'll want to see your summery stuff in the bigger sizes :) :) :)

*alysha* said...

I like all your ideas. I hear ya about the 10 bins in storage. I'm having the same problem.
1st I do a (girls clothes yard sale) 2nd ksl than 3rd what's left on ebay.

Speaking of clothes, did any of the maternity ones work for you? Just curious.

Tamara said...

Wow! That's a ton of stuff. You've got such cute things too--you definitely should be able to make some money. If you do a garage sale, have a couple of different sections. Have a higher price for things that are almost new. I think a $1 is ok for the things that look a little used, but you could get more for the new looking stuff.

Unknown said...

Kari!! Definitely do a yard sale first, then whatever is left over I would list on craigslist! I am totally a fan these last few weeks!! I have made a few hundred dollars on just random stuff that I needed to get rid of! I list it, usually I get a call that day, and somebody comes by or I meet them somewhere usually that same day or the next day! Way easy! No fees or anything to worry about! And could you PLEASE send me some pics of 12-18 or 18-24 month stuff? I would love to buy some from you for Maile!! :)Email me please! tynmia@hotmail.com I hope you are feeling okay, and I know you should definitely be able to get rid of some of those clothes! I made $100 alone on craigslist just selling about 10 items of maternity clothes!! Good luck! :)

Unknown said...

I agree with tamara. Sell the niver stuff for more than a $1 but some of the other stuff for a $1.

That is alot of stuff -- your girls always look so cute. I remember when you worked at baby gap. :)

Sara said...

i wish i lived in utah so i could come to your yard sale! i'd totally love to dig through those piles and pick out some things for ruby.
if you take more pics, i'd love to see what you have.

suzy said...

I will buy some of your size 4 or 5 stuff. Put up some pics! Maybe you should open a store. Second hand kid stores are my favorite. The best one ever is in Tooele. It is called Sweet Pea Boutique. They won't buy anything that isn't a good brand so it is fun to shop because you don't have to dig through crappy stuff. If all else fails you could take your stuff somewhere like that and trade for boy stuff.

Sara said...

i tagged you on my blog :)

Diana said...

Sara, I'd totally do a yard sale...with all those young families in your neighborhood, I think you could easily sale everything! Good luck!

Diana said...

Sorry...I really know your name is Kari! I must be stuck on the previous blog I just posted on! Forgive me?

Meechelee said...

Wow Kari,
I just found out the exciting news that you are having twin boys!!! Holy Cow two girls and two boys, how perfect is that! Congratulations!!!
You sure are set on girl clothes, enough for twin girls, haha. I have way more girl clothes than I have boy clothes and I only have one little girl and 3 boys.
I hope you are feeling well and I love your blogspot
((hugs))Michele

Krista said...

Kari - it's Krista. I've now just become a blogger which means I can post on people's blogs. I think it was fate because my little girl Kennady is fresh out of clothes so we are always looking for some more. It sounds like you are the place to come...let me know when you are available and I'll see what sizes/seasons and I'd love to buy some from you. You decide on what you want to sell them for...I'm looking for pretty much anything (shoes, dresses, pants, and TONZ OF SHIRTS, etc. )

Anonymous said...

hey girl.. its Kaity from myspace.. i would be really interested in buying the girls clothes from you! maddy is a midget and is still in 3-6 so i havent really even started buying for 12-18 and above. let me know because im serious about it!