Thursday, July 24, 2008

i need a nap!

I am officially the biggest slacker!  I can't believe it's been 9 days since I last updated!  Guess I can blame it on pregnancy...like everything else!  lol  I am so tired, but I decided before I take a lil' nap I would post my pictures from last night!!  :)  

Yesterday was the big Bountiful Handcart Days celebration.  Last year we went up and walked over to the big firework display because it was close to my parents house.  Then we all went back and had banana splits and everyone (except me) slept on the deck.  So I guess we've made a tradition of it and went again this year.  The fireworks up there are fabulous!  huge!  loud!  It's just so much fun!  Back to last year real quick...it's weird to think of the way things could have been!  I was about 7 weeks pregnant at that time...only to miscarry a week later.  It's weird to think if I had had that baby in March...I definitely would not be pregnant now.  I haven't mentioned this before, but when I went to the hospital for the ultrasound the confirmed there was no baby I was sitting in the waiting area and I had one of those what if thoughts.  What if I was supposed to have twins and it didn't work out this time?  And look at me now!  I feel like sooo many things were said, thought, or happened back then that made the miscarriage a lot easier on me.  And now things are great!  Anyways, sorry to get so far off track!  Back to yesterday!

On the way to my parents house I stopped at the hospital to do my glucose test.  I drank the delicious orange goodness and headed up.  When I got there I signed the paper work and such and went to sit down next to Kaitlyn.  Jenica was on the other side of her so Kiki had to rub it in that she was sitting by the babies.  The girl sitting next to me asked if she said babies, and then asked if I was having twins.  Long story short(er)...she is also having twin boys!  And even cooler, she is due 3 days before me.  We go to the same dr office, and will go to the same hospital!  After they drew my blood I sat and talked to her for about half and hour, I didn't feel like I could just leave and never talk to her again, so we exchanged blogs.  I'm so dorky!  So Hi, Jocelyn...if you are reading this!  :)

After the hospital we finally headed for Bountiful!  My dad smoked up some delicious ribs for dinner and one of my brothers and his family were there also!  At about 9:15 we headed over to the fireworks.  The walk is very up and down...looooots of hills, so Josh drove me and my dad over and dropped us off right across the street from where our blankets were.  He went back and walked over with the rest of the group!  Here are so pre-firework pictures!  
We are so dorky!  
Kaitlyn and Nana (my mom)
And with Papa (my dad)
Parker and Jenica
Parker and Jenica attacking Nana
I discovered I have a firework setting on my camera and got some pretty cool shots


This makes me laugh!  My dad had parked her truck across the street from our blankets earlier in the day so he could drive big ol' pregnant me back to the house.  Everyone ended up hopping in the back for the ride home.  Luckily I got a nice seat up front, there's no way I could've hauled myself out of there.  The kids had a blast!  After the fireworks Jenica let me know that this was the best day of her life!  We enjoyed banana splits and then shortly after midnight we all went to bed.  I slept in the guest room with Kaitlyn and everyone else slept on the deck.  It was lots of fun, and now we're home, Kaitlyn is sacked out on the couch (Jenica napped half the way home), and now it's my turn!  I am exhausted!!

4 comments:

The Shane's said...

wow! you did great! you guys are an awesome family! i want twins again! they are sooo much fun! come visit my blog when you get a chance...
http://korbanandrhonda.blogspot.com/

The Shane's said...

you asked... How many weeks did you deliver at? Did you have to have a csection?
i happily answer... i had them at 37 weeks! a week later than i was hoping to! and yes, i did have a c-section because i thought both babies were going to be over 6 pounds and makenzie was transverse. emma was 7-11 and makenzie was 5-4. i could have easily had them naturally... darn it!

Austin and Rachael said...

Kari! Yes I remember bumping into you at the Wells Fargo in Draper. Where are you living now? Are you on Facebook? I'll look you up! Congrats on the twins! That's exciting. Your girls are adorable as well. How perfect...two girls and two boys! You should link to the bhs blog.

Jocelyn said...

Hi Kari! Your blog is so cute! I'm working on updating mine... I'm such a slacker and currently I'm using the same excuse as you "pregnant and tired". Ha! It was so fun to meet you and I'm going to add you to my link list, too. I have one question... who knew Walmart did pedicures?! I had no idea and I am in need of one right now (I was giving myself pedicures but now that's not possible thanks to the belly. :)