Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Whoa, Baby!!

30 WEEKS!!!!  I can't believe I am already this far...I'm in the home stretch and I know it's going to fly by and I am FREAKING OUT!  Thanks to my wonderful photographer Kaitlyn for the great belly shot!  I am HUGE!  

Okay, so today I had my dr appt.  30 Weeks...Measuring 40cm!  That is just crazy!  It'll be fun to see the numbers climb in the coming weeks!!  So I am the size of a full term mama carrying ONE baby!  And to think...I still have 7-8 weeks!  I'd prefer to say 6 more weeks, but they hope for 37/38, so I'll go with that and not get my hopes up!  
My blood pressure was great (110/75) and no protein in the urine, so things are looking great!  I go back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound and appt and then back the week after that for a non-stress test and appt, which will then be a weekly ritual until the babies are here!  Fun for me!  Luckily Jenica will be in school all day and I just need to find somewhere for Kaitlyn to go for a few hours each week!  That makes it a little easier!  Did I mention that I am freaking out?  I am getting really scared, thinking about how close this really is!!  And for your viewing pleasure, here is a siggy I made for a message board, since I've never had one...but I thought you'd like seeing my belly grow since I found out we were having 2...back at 18 weeks!  Can't believe it's been 12 weeks since then!  I think you can click on it to make it bigger...if not, then click this link here!
And lastly, since they STILL don't have my nursery set online, I took a picture...in the package is the dust ruffle and you can kinda see what the set looks like in the picture...the stuff behind is flannel receiving blankets, which I bought to make a valance and lamp shade cover out of.  That's the order I am going to put them in, but the brown polka dot will probably be a little thinner...haven't made any real plans for it yet, so it's just folded and laid out on the dresser!  I have an auction ending on ebay today (a HUGE lot of creative memories stuff) and it's over $200...once that is finished and I get my money, I'm off to buy the crib sets!  And then my mom, or Josh's mom, or Josh for that matter will paint the nursery!  I want to have it all done before they get here, but I don't know if it'll happen for sure!  :(The dr didn't put me on bedrest or anything...but he does want me taking it as easy as possible!  He said he wants me off my feet for at least 12 hours out of a 24 hour day.  No lifting, no vacuuming, no hauling laundry around, no moving furniture (well duh)!  I know I have been doing too much still, so I need to try really hard to be better!  And stay well hydrated!  Dr's orders!  Anyways, I'm hungry, guess I should find something to eat!  Ciao!  

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colors you have choosen for the boys room!! very cute :) Yup your belly is BIG!! :P it should be though -- for crying outloud you have 2 people in there. (Don't hate me fo rsaying that)
I can't believe you only have 7/8 weeks left. Any names picked out yet? (Just to giveyou something else to worry about)

Tamara said...

Oh my gosh! That valance is going to be stinkin' adorable! That siggy is so cute! That will be so fun to show the boys when they get big!

Lara said...

Like I have said before, you have an eye for color and creativity! I love the colors and patterns you have chosen! I wish I was that talented!

PS For carrying twins you look great! :)

Liz said...

Holy Crap!! It's crazy to know you will just get bigger! You look adorable though! I will see you tomorrow!

Unknown said...

You look fantastic! I can't believe you only have a little while longer! And I love the colors and prints for your nursery, very cute!! Take it easy and relax for the next few weeks! :)

The Shane's said...

you are doing great kari! i had my twins at 37 weeks! you can do it!!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow - your belly looks just like mine right now!! You look great. You haven't gained a pound anywhere else. I can't believe it is sooo close for you - and can't believe you didn't know until 18 weeks. All the shopping you've been doing sounds fun! Is Josh freaking out about having twins and how much this is all costing or is he okay? It is so fun to keep up with how things are going as it gets closer. I hope you're still able to post when they get here. Hang in there mama!

Jocelyn said...

It is so fun to read what you're doing since it's practically the same as me. Only it looks like you're better at making decisions. :) I had a Dr. appointment this week and the boys are growing that is for sure... from the U/S they are both over 4 lbs already. Yikes. I start my non-stress tests this next Wednesday and then get them every week... maybe we'll see each other in there. It's an hour long test, so looks like there will be lots of time in that building coming up. Your nursery stuff is cute!!

Salinda W. said...

Wow you make me feel bad my idea of decorating my babies room is so lacking in style you would be astonished! But I've never been that good at interior decorating stuff..... maybe someday. Oh well you are a trooper posting your belly pics. I'm all about hiding mine as much as possible. LOL Jeb thinks I'm paranoid about it. You look great though so good for you.
Salinda