Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2 weeks?!

Once again, not quite sure where the time has gone!   I cannot believe it has been 2 weeks since I last blogged (well now 2 weeks + 2 days...yikes).  So I suppose I will try to briefly go through that time!!

Thanksgiving was fun.  Very busy with lots to do, but very fun!  That morning we had a big breakfast with Josh's family and then that afternoon we went to my parents for dinner. 
Friday we had a dinner with Josh's dad's side of the family.  Too much fun, they are a riot.  We played a bunch of games and at one point during human rock paper scissors (for lack of a name, that pretty much describes the game) I nearly peed my pants.  Here are the boys with Josh's cousins twin boys.  Too fun having 2 sets in the same family!  
And then Saturday we had another dinner with Josh's mom's side of the family.  Again, another fun dinner!  

Here are my cute chubby super hero babies!  I can't believe how big they are getting!!  They are starting to smile now quite a bit.  I love it, but I have yet to get any good ones with the camera, because they start smiling, I pull out the camera and they just look at me weird! 
Jenica still loves cuddling with them.  The victim in this picture in Julian!
For family night we made a gingerbread house.  Here is the finished project.  It was a lot of (messy) fun!  ...and now the girls can't stop asking if they can eat it!
We blessed the babies on the 7th of this month!  Thanks to all of our family/friends that came!  We had a house full with 40+ people.  It was crazy, but a good time.  Didn't get a great family picture, but here is one that was decent, we're not all looking at the same camera though...guess that's what happens when you have 3 different people taking pictures at once!
And here are my bubbers in their cute blessing outfits.  Thanks for the warning Lizzy about the shedding...although I didn't believe it until we were all completely covered in white hair at church.  hehe  Thank goodness for lint rollers!  They looked adorable!   
A couple days before the blessing I was worried we would have to postpone it because Kaitlyn was throwing up!  Poor little girl told me one night that she really wanted to eat her dinner, but her tummy was telling her not to!  Minutes later she was running to the bathroom.  The next time around she didn't quite make it to the toilet.  She puked on the family room floor, in the hallway a little, on the bathroom floor which she ended up slipping and falling on, all before getting to the toilet.  The next time she didn't get up at all...infact she didn't wake up.  She fell asleep on the couch next to me and I was feeding the babies.  We had a barf bowl nearby, but a little out of my reach.  She threw up on her blanket and never woke up.  I was trying to wake her up but no luck.  I finally managed to grab the bowl, while still feeding the babies, and held it under her face.  But she wouldn't wake up.  It was quite frustrating.  Luckily it was like a 24 hour thing and the next morning she was just fine!

I was hoping no one else would get sick.  But the next week I got a call from the office at Jenica's school telling me I needed to come pick her up.  Poor thing.  They were having singing time, all the 1st grade classes were together practicing their christmas songs and when they stood up Jenica threw up all over.  It was all over her shirt sleeves, a little in her hair, and all over a boys sweater.  I felt so sad for her, she told me she was so embarrassed she threw up in front of the entire first grade.  We kept her home the next day just to be safe, but hers too was just a 24 hour thing!!

Ok, enough about puke!  I need to wrap this up...it's getting way too late, and I need my sleep!  :/  This last weekend was Josh's work Christmas party.  It was at the JSMB on the 9th floor.  A very nice dinner.  It was a lot of fun and I love getting dressed up for it!  Only bad thing was the saturday was a huge snow storm.  We learned that the van handles pretty well in the snow.  We headed up to my parents in the morning because we were supposed to go make gingerbread houses with  my sister in laws and their kids.  But none of them ended up going because of the snow, so we were the only ones.  We hung out all day, it was my moms birthday!  It was lovely!  Then that night we went to the party while my parents watched all the kids.  It was so much fun!  Our 2nd date that week!  Are we lucky or what?  Here are some pictures from that night!

Me on the 10th floor, overlooking the temple!
Me and Joshy...my handsome man!  :)  
And since that picture was taken by me, someone offered to take our picture! So nice!  :)
And that's all I've got.  Sorry so long, I don't know how to write just a little, but at least now I feel caught up!  Hopefully I can stay caught up!!

Oh, and big news...the boys are sleeping soooo good.  Last night I fed them at 10:30pm and they slept until 5am!  It was fantastic.  Then they slept until 9am.  I fed them, and then we all slept til noon!  :)  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The boys are getting so big!! We were at teh JSMB that night too for Nathans work party!! Too bad we didn't see you :)

Angie & Willy said...

Hmph. I'm not sure I can keep reading your blog about babies sleeping... and getting to go out on dates away from your children. *pout*

Your hair has gotten SO long!!! (So has Josh's... what's up with that? LOL)

LOVE the boys' blessing outfits!! And your family pics are all so cute.

Sara said...

i was gonna say the same thing about the hair -- are you both growing it out? ;)
you look great!
the babies are so cute!

suzy said...

Your little boys are so cute and getting so big! Are you adjusted to getting two little babies dressed everyday and changing all of those diapers? Your family is so cute, I am glad you posted more pictures.