Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Birthday...1st Day of Spring Break...

The 13th was my birthday...I am feeling old! A week before my birthday I spent the day at my parents because my mom would be in Hawaii on my birthday. So I told my dad that since he would be in town he could take me to lunch. And that he did. I dropped the girls off with my sister in law and went and picked up my dad from work and we went out to lunch at a chinese buffet down town. It was fun. And the funniest thing happened, when we were getting up to leave, a song came on...the music had been of a classical sort, and then this instrumental version of Happy Birthday started played. We both looked at eachother and started laughing. And then it turned really gloomy and almost had a funeral march feel to it, but still to the Happy Birthday tune. It was funny.
The plan was to go to the zoo with my sister in law and her kids, they live pretty close. But when we got there our plans changed. Their car had broken down the night before and their van was being taken to get registered so Haley had no car and we wouldn't all fit in my van. So we just hung out at her house and day and the kids played.
Did you know they make these baby swings like this for a reason? :)
And since it was my birthday I got to choose where to go for dinner. I picked Chilis. Guy and Haley and the kids came with us. When we were done eating I told our server that it was my birthday. All he said was "Well, Happy Birthday Miss" and walked off. What about my free dessert?! That's the best part of going out to eat on your birthday. He came back several times and never said anything. Me and my brother kept looking at eachother and laughing. He really wasn't going to bring me a treat. So Guy went to talk to someone and as soon as they were walking back, our server was right in front of him with this yummy cake! Of course I didn't eat it all myself...I let the girls have a few bites! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I loved seeing all of your pics, especially the one with your dad in it! :) AND also the one of your boys in the swing!! I LOVE that picture! It is soo cute!

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

Happy Birthday! Your boys are changing so much--I love swinging the twins like that--we still do! :)

Angie & Willy said...

Sorry we "borrowed" mom right in time for your birthday! We appreciated having her here though. Thanks for sharing :D

Glad you had a good birthday!