Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kaitlyn


Yup...I am horrible at blogging! I can't believe we are already half way through May!! It's so weird to think back a year ago...I was 4 1/2 months pregnant and still didn't know I was having twins! On May 31 I got the shock of my life and it hasn't been the same since. Definitely not complaining...I love my babies so much! It's just funny how quickly things can change!

So, really I am here to write about a little Kaitlyn funny that happened tonight before I forget it!

As we were finishing dinner tonight, Jenica was talking about school, saying that pretty soon she won't see Miss R anymore because she is moving to 5th grade. So I told her that she was moving on too...to spanish immersion. She raised her arms all excited! Then she told Josh and I that pretty soon she will be teaching us how to say stuff in Spanish. I started saying some things that I remember from spanish class when I was in high school. I told her to say "me llamo Jenica". So she said it a few times and was really excited. Then Kaitlyn said "me llamo...wait...how do you say Kaitlyn in spanish...???" It was hilarious. It took her a second to realize her name would be the same. Cute girl...couldn't help but giggle!!

And while I am talking about my cute Kiki, the poor girl had such an awful evening yesterday! Around 2 she started telling me her tummy hurt when she was sitting. She went in her room and after awhile I went to check on her and she was asleep. She is not one to take a nap...and she slept for over 3 hours. When she woke up we went to the store and she was crying and holding her lower belly saying it hurt so bad. It hurt to sit, it hurt to walk, and if I touched it she said it really hurt...so when I got home I called the dr's office that thankfully has an after hours clinic each night until 10pm. They wanted to see her right away to make sure it wasn't anything too serious (ie her appendix). It took me a little bit to get out of the house. I fed the babies and put them to bed and my mother in law came and stayed with the rest of the kids while I took Kiki in. First thing they had her do was pee in a cup. Turns out that was all they needed to check, she has a very bad bladder infection. So she is on some major antibiotics. She is already feeling better today, so that is good, but now I wonder how on earth a 5 year old gets this!?

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Poor baby! I got a kidney infection in college--it was awful. I remember taking a huge nap right at the beginning before I knew what was going on. Make sure she knows to wipe from front to back in the potty. If she wipes from back to front, that could be how she got it.

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

Urinary tract infections in young girls are very very common. Mostly it is a cleaning issue, also taking baths with bubble bath can be a culprit. Unfortunately, once you have had one, it is more common to have another one so keep an eye on her (coming from someone with constant UTIs as a child and now a lab tech who sees them all the time.)

BarefootFairyMum said...

My mom got a really bad bladder infection awhile back, and she asked them how she could have gotten it. They explained that if you hover over the toilet as a lot of women and girls do, you don't eliminate all the urine and what's left behind can cause an infection over time. I agree with the other suggestions as well.