Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tired...

I thought I may as well shock you all again and blog for the 2nd day in a row.  I know, I know...shocking!  :)

I don't really have much to say.  I am exhausted.  It has been a loooong, productive day!

I am trying to potty train the bubbas...which is proving to be quite the task!  But I am determined it is time.  In an effort to save money ($60+/month), I will not be buying any more diapers.  I am done.  I am over it.

So if you don't like potty talk...skip ahead a bit.*

Monday was my go day.  I made attempts a couple times last week.  My sister-in-law suggested diet coke/saltines.  Apparently the combo makes for lots of trips to the potty and within a couple days and lots of experience they are done.  She has some friends that swear by it.  So I tried it, and they wouldn't even drink the soda.  So...that was out.  Monday I just put them in undies and decided we'd deal w/ the accidents and learn as we go.

Is it a mistake that I originally taught them to pee sitting down so we didn't have a bathroom covered in pee?  Now they refuse to go standing up.  I have tried putting fruit loops in the toilet and try to make it a game of "shooting" the blue ones, or the green ones, or even pretending to have buzz or superman peeing standing up.  But no...they stand for a second and then turn around and sit down.  :/

So back to Monday.  Undies only.  They did ok...not even sure how many accidents we had because I didn't really pay attention.  It was a busy day.  I do know though that Jonathan had 4 poopy accidents and Julian had 1.  Those are the WORST!  So yesterday they wore undies ALL day and had zero accidents.  But no pooping...so I was sure today would be the day for that.  They did great all morning...we even ran to the bank to sign some papers and they wore undies and stayed dry.  Went to lunch w/ my friend and they stayed dry the whole time we were out.  But as soon as we got home around 2:30 things went down hill fast.  Julian full on peed all over the floor.  Thank goodness it was just in the kitchen.  Then he pooped...then Jonathan pooped.  Both in their pants.  So frustrating.  But I know with some time they'll get it.

So I'm not sure why I am blogging about potty training...guess some day I will look back at this and laugh.

*This morning I woke up at 6:30.  Alarm is set for 7 and I knew if I went back to sleep for that short time then I would feel worse when woke up again.  So I got up.  Got moving.  I got the girls up and ready for school and while they were waiting for their ride I exercised.  I am participating in my sister in laws weight loss challenge she put together.  It started Monday, so today is day 3.  I will stick with it this time.  And I am determined to change my eating.  I exercised for over 8 weeks straight last summer and never lost a lb, but I did lose lots of inches.  So I am starting again, but doing things a bit differently!

This month I am doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.  Today I added in half of her 6 week 6 pack video.  Ouch.  But it's a good feeling.  Next month I will do Jillian's ripped in 30.  I really like her videos and I really like working out from home.  The weather has been so nice I should get out and walk as well...but I tend to get shin splints and they are no fun!

If you made it through my rambling...way to go!  I am half asleep as I write this and now I'm off to bed.  Maybe tomorrow I will have something more exciting to write about...

I wish I could even find a random picture to post... pictureless posts are so boring.

1 comment:

SewSara said...

let them learn sitting down! they'll eventually learn to stand up. max was too short for a long time anyway and had to use a stool. once he saw his friends standing to pee, he went for it. haha.