Sunday, November 25, 2007

30 days and counting...


Now that it seems Christmas is in full swing...Thanksgiving left more than a week left of November after, so part of me feels like I'm getting the Christmas stuff out too early, but I think the sooner I put it up the better...meaning it will be up a little longer than usual.  I love Christmas.  
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We went to my parents that morning and hung out and then ate around noon.  My brothers all left around 3 to head to their inlaws, so did we.  Josh's family was going to wait to eat until 4, but they had more extended family come and they did it at 1 instead, so we missed dinner, we got there in time to see all of his cousins, and then we all went down to his parents house and hung out for the evening.  It was a fun day.  
I swore I wouldn't go shopping on Black Friday, it used to be fun, but I am not really a fan of the huge crowds anymore.  I woke up at 7 when I realized it was garbage day and ran frantically outside to get the cans out.  I couldn't go back to sleep, so I called my friend Danette (she was at walmart at 4am) to see if she was back already, she was and we decided to go out together.  We went to Target, that was pretty much a walk in and walk right out.  The line was 2hours long, no deals worth waiting that long for, especially since it was a 2 day sale...and they were giving rain checks.  I ended up going back that night and got rainchecks for a bunch of cheap games and $4 movies.  Then we went to Old Navy where I got pajamas for the family and a fleece for both the girls, they were half price, so $5 and $7.  Then we went to Roberts because I thought they had a 40% off your whole purchase, but I misread the ad and it wasn't until Saturday.  We went to McDonalds and ate breakfast and then back to her place where we ordered a couple things from Childrens Place.  
I decided I wanted to get the whole house cleaned up before I pulled out the christmas decorations.  So I spent the afternoon cleaning and then we went to a wedding reception for a girl josh works with.  Saturday I brought a ton of bins up and started deciding what I was going to put up this year, it's getting to the point that I have so much stuff I can't put it all out or it just looks like a cluttered mess.  Ever since I have painted the kitchen/family room I have just been using "seasonal" garlands on the top of the cabinets.  I pulled down the fall leaf/pumpkin one and put up some pine garlands...I even figured out a way run a hidden cord up and put christmas lights up there too...topped off with a lit 3 foot christmas tree on top of the pantry.  Ok, apparently I just need to take some pictures and post those instead.  We even put christmas lights up this year, that's a huge first and they look awesome!!  :)
Anyways, I was really just getting on here post my latest layout that I am pretty happy with!  So here you go, then I need to go to bed, I have an early morning, back to the gym!!  

1 comment:

Tamara said...

That is a great layout! So cute! Can't wait to see your Christmas decorations. Tamara