Monday, November 26, 2007

Packages and other Ramblings...

This morning when I was getting ready to go pick up Jeni from school I went out to the car to get my water bottle.  My mother in law had just walked out her door (they live right across the street from us) and she told me I had a package to pick up at the post office.  I was totally confused, first, why was the note on her door?  And second...which package could it be?  Old Navy?  Fisher Price?  or ToysRus?  Considering those all come UPS or FedEx, I wasn't expecting anything via USPS.  I was getting Jeni and Kayla (the girl I tend) from school and we were going to go see Enchanted right from school.  When I went back out to get in the car the mail lady was next door so I waited for her to get to my mailbox, and I asked her if she had my package or if I had to go into Lehi to pick it up.  She was confused by the 2 Perry's living across from eachother and apologized several times.  I was just excited that I got the package.

It was from our Japanese Student we hosted for 2 weeks this summer, Ai.  She was such a sweet sweet girl!  This was the second summer doing it.  It is such a fun experien
ce and the kids LOVE it!!  Anyways, back to the package.  She sent us a hello kitty photo album full of pictures of us and her while sh
e was here, a japanese 1 page calendar for 2008 with our family picture (with her) printed in the center, and 2 pretty red bags with the girls names on them and they were full of Japanese candy.  I tried to monitor it, and I did good until I fell asleep on the couch and they pretty much ate it all.  It was such a good surprise.  I want to make a small scrapbook with all our pictures together (and one for Aki too) and send it to her.  This picture was taken on the 24th of July, We (me and the girls) went to the Parade downtown with my friend Danette and her son and Ai (she is the tall one) brought her friend Miyako. Oh, and there was a letter also, I was going to write it all in here, but I will just share my favorite part.  She talked a lot about how studying English is getting harder, they are reading books and listening to western music, and that the next time she comes to the US she will be able to speak fluently with us.  And then at the end, I LOVE PERRY FAMILY.  Made me smile, I am so glad we were able to make such wonderful memories with her!

Before I move on...ENCHANTED was FABULOUS!  Go see it!!  :)  

I think I have a problem...I am not so happy with the first scrapbook pages I have made...I think I should just hurry and get them printed so I can't go back and change them.  Today's wasn't just a little change...it was a whole new page!!  I bought a new page kit from Kay Miller Designs (which is darling) and I needed some pictures to scrap with it, and I am trying to only work on Jeni's first year until it's done...I only have 2 snow pictures, which go together, and I had already done a page for them...but it was not my favorite page, period.  So I started over.  Here's the first page I made!
It's ok, but this one is so much better!!
Time to think about going to bed...5:30 is still too early, but I am on week 5...wish I had more to show for it...but oh well.  I feel good, so that's all that matters, right?   I wish...I had 12 days until Josh's work christmas party...yay!  Oh, and I don't usually have 3 packages I am expecting at the same time...just the last of the christmas stuff!  :)  Ciao!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

That page is sooooo cute, Kari! I agree--the first one was cute, but this one is even better. See ya soon! Tamara