Tuesday, November 27, 2007

curse of the smelly dryer - SOLVED!

I want to puke just thinking about the aweful smell I have put up with over the last several days.  I believe it was last friday or saturday that I started to smell something nasty in the basement.  On Saturday night Josh went down to check it out.  He came up with a load of laundry that wreaked and said he thought I had washed something that didn't come clean and that was the smell.  I didn't buy it, but whatever, it was obviously coming from the dryer.  So I assumed if that load of laundry was what was bad, I could wash a new batch and dry it with no problems, the smell should be gone.  Unfortunately this was not the case. I did 2 or 3 loads of laundry and each one came out of the washer smelling fabulous and clean and then out of the dryer smelling rotten. So tonight Josh just went down there to pull the dryer apart and what do you know...he found a dead mouse in it. Isn't that just the sickest thing ever? We have NO idea how it got lost in our dryer, but it was there. And it was dead. And it was rotting. And I think I am going to puke...

At least it's gone now and I can catch up on some much needed laundry. Guess it's time to go refill the poison in the attic!

No comments: