Friday, December 7, 2007

pretty bad thursday!

I don't think any more bad things could have happened to me in one day...am I wrong?  All I can do now is look back and laugh.  Tell me if you agree...

The morning actually started out great...got up at 5:20 and went to the gym...I missed tuesday and wednesday due to Josh getting home really really late (i'm talking like 4 am) from work or helping his brother (depends on the night).  I knew he wasn't going to wake up at 7 to get Jenica up, so I skipped the gym and stayed home so I could get her ready myself.  It was fine.  But when I don't go (which luckily has only been 3 days out of the past 6 weeks) I feel like something is missing from my day.  It's such a great way to start the day!  There's another girl that goes in, her name is Wendy and we'll usually do cardio on our own and then Jared will train us both together.  So yesterday Jared was helping someone else and we had finished the exercises he told us to do, so we sat and playing catch with a 10  lb medicine ball.  It was fun...we goof off and act like dorks.  I've only known her as long as I have been going this time around.  It's pretty lonely on the days she doesn't come in.  Anyways, I made it home and Jenica was actually awake...I got her out the door to school and thought about running up to target to have some vitamins refilled.  I decided to wait until I picked Jeni up and take her along.

At 10 I went to the school to work in the at home reading program book exchange thing.  I was there until 10:45 when school gets out.  I went to get Jenica and my friend asked me to watch her daughter so she could finish her christmas shopping.  This is the friend I babysit for all the time anyways.  I was fine with that, I would just run to Target later.  So after I watched her she took Jenica home with her while I ran out.  

-While I was babysitting, I went into the basement, my toes got stuck in a blanket and I tripped and landed on them all funny and it felt like I broke all my little toes on my left foot.

-I went to Target AND Walmart, and got nothing.  Not one thing.  I had a couple things in mind, like maybe some rollerskates of some sort for kaitlyn since I have some for Jenica for christmas.  Nothing at Target...so I tried walmart...nothing at all there either.  So I wanted to see if they had any of the new baby alive accessory sets.  They had stacks of them on the top of the shelf, but I couldn't reach clear up there.  So I find a guy and ask him to help me.  He told me he was already busy helping someone else and to find someone else to help me.  I seriously walked around for 20 minutes and couldn't find anyone.  So we left.

-We stopped at Smith's on the way home to get stuff to make spinach dip to take to a christmas party last night.   Everything was good until we went to check out and kaitlyn disappeared.  I was looking/yelling for her, couldn't find her.  It wasn't like her to walk off.  She's never done that before.  Jeni on the other hand...well that's another story.  So I go up to the front and they don't have a plan for missing kids like target or walmart or anywhere else have.  So the lady announces there is a missing child over the speaker and all these people start helping us look for her.  I was freaking out.  I didn't leave the front because I wanted to keep my eye on the door so no one could walk out with her.  She was finally found back in the christmas section looking at stuff.  What a relief.  That scared me so bad.  

-After I picked Jenica up and made the spinach dip I was chillin on the couch in the front room.  I think I was on the phone with my mom.  Jenica ran and jumped on me and her knee hit into my forearm.  It hurt sooo bad.  I said "Ooouch...I think you just broke my arm."  Jeni picked it up, looked at it for a minute before putting it down and said "it looks ok to me, you'll be alright".  :)  It was cute.

-The party we were going to started at 7, I bribed my brother in law to watch the girls, but one of the requirements was that they were in bed.  So I started bedtime at 6:30.  It was nuts.  Josh got home at about 7:20 and we walked over to get James to come chill at our house.  (the girls went right to bed as soon as he got here).  We were walking back across the street...it was raining...I went to jump over the curb and run across the street...which resulted in me face planting it into the road,  where I laid crying in pain.  Josh stood there and said "what are you doing?"  lol  Oh, I thought i would just take a little rest in the wet road on the walk back across the street.  

-I went and changed my pants because my khaki's were all dirty and wet now.  I noticed that an ugly visitor had reared it's head giving me the confirmation that I am not pregnant.  I think that was the hardest part of the day.  I could handle everything else, but that was hard.  This was our first month trying since I had my miscarriage back in august, so I was really hoping!  Really really really.  It's never been a problem before, so hopefully it doesn't take too long.  Anyways, the Jeans I put on (the only nice un-hole-y ones I have) are pretty loose on me.  This leads to the next bad thing...and thankfully the last:

-the party was a lot of fun.  i am so glad we went.  When we got home Josh informed me that during one of the games I was kneeling on the floor and my "coinslot" was hanging out.  That's his word for butt crack...he got it from an episode of SNL a while back.  I told him I wanted to cry, that was so embarrassing...he said that only the people behind me saw.  Wonderful...so him, his parents, and another lady in the ward.  Aghh.  

I had a little bit of a breakdown last night and called my mom bawling.  But I feel much much better now and life is good again.  It was fun to share all my mis-haps with my gym friends this morning.  We had a good laugh.

Alright, Josh just informed me that I am writing a novel.  I don't even have any fun pictures to share, at least not at the moment.  I forgot the camera in the car.  Tomorrow is the BIG christmas party for Josh's work.  It'll be a blast.  Fancy dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and then Costco shopping spree.  Woohoo!  I'll be sure to get some pictures.  I plan on looking pretty snazzy...lol.  Sorry so long, thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Tamara said...

So sad, Kari! Good thing those kind of days only come around once in awhile! I hope you have a GREAT time at the work party! You'll have to tell me all about it! Tamara

Angie & Willy said...

So why in the world didn't Josh tell you subtly *during* the party, rather than when you got home?!

Sorry it was a rough day. None of your near misses turned out to be serious injuries, though, right? I hope not!

Hugs re: AF. It won't take long.

Angie & Willy said...

PS If you're not already signed up as a member of the ScrapGirls messageboard go sign up quick. They're fast approaching the 10,000 members mark and it sounds like the owner is going to give the 10,000th member some free digi-scrapping goodies! www.scrapgirls.com and then click on "messageboards" in the top purple nav bar and create an account :)

Linda said...

Hi Kari,
Mia told me about your blog and I checked it out this morning. It's really neat! You certainly inherited your mom's craftiness!
I can't believe how much you resemble your mother -- and how much your girls resemble you. Especially Jenica!
It's great to see you and your family are doing well.
Linda