Thursday, January 24, 2008

100th Day of School...

I never had a 100th day of school celebration growing up...but it seems like a pretty big deal.  They had a big party and everything.  So tomorrow Jenica has her first "project" due for school.  Her 100th day of school project...no real guidelines except it has to be something containing 100 of something and the paper listed a few ideas and that's about it...

So I (being as clever and crafty as I am..LOL) thought long and hard about what to do (Jenica wanted to glue 100 littlest pet shops to a board and call it good...the sad thing is, we have enough of those toys to do it...)!  Lately she has been obsessed with snowglobes.  My mom gave her a cheap snowman one before christmas and Jenica looooved it.  She decided she wants a collection, and now she's up to 4 (thanks to 1 from my mom for christmas and 2 from the dollar store).  She keeps them put up on her bookshelf and doesn't let anyone play with them.  

Anyways, I'm getting off track a little here.  I thought it would be cute to come up with some kind of snow globe that had 100 snowflakes.  So I traced my biggest frying pan onto a piece of poster board and she cut it out and painted it pink (so the snowflakes would show up of course.  Then I traced 3 cups and she cut out those circles for the snowman,...I drew the hat and carrot and she cut them out and assembled him and put drew his eyes, mouth, and button.  Then I helped her glue on the snowflakes because they were taking forever.  I think it turned out adorable!  :)

I guess I should probably go to bed...I feel like playing some sudoku but I can't find the DS.  It's been a long day...a long week at that!  And I get to babysit again tomorrow!  Yay for me!  I think next week I only have 2 days, and then 1 with the other kids...so 3 days...better than 4.  I'm just worn out this week!  Blah!  Tomorrow should be fun though, we'll see!  And I have lots to post about cupcakes later...probably tomorrow! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Soo cute! Her snowglobe turned out really great!! Chloe has a project due of some form of transportation that she has to invent...hmmmmm...
we're still thinking about how we are going to do that one,but will be working on that this weekend. Thanks for your note! Bummer you only have one picture! I think my mom has a ton of the summer we all stayed in the beach house in lincoln city.. we were playing on those board things in the sand, and jumping waves..I'll be at their house this weekend, I'll try to find some. Your blog is so cute! I love looking at it! Great to hear from you, and I'll talk to you soon!:)

Tamara said...

That turned out great! We have to do ours this weekend. See you tonight!