Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley

I was not expecting this.  I got onto KSL.com to check out the classifieds, and Pres. Hinckley's picture was on the page with the headline "President Gordon B Hinckley has passed away".  I knew it would happen eventually, but I wasn't ready to let him go...he got called to be the Prophet when I was only 12 years old.  He was my prophet, he's the only one I really knew...I remember the 2 before him, but I was so young.  Anyways, I am so grateful for all he has done for the church and my life personally.  I am so grateful I was able to see him as close as I did last summer, this is the picture I got at the 24th of July parade.  He will be greatly missed.  And although I am so sad, I am so happy for him to be able to be with his sweet wife again!!  

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I know...I was shocked too. It is a bittersweet moment because he will be missed but I'm sure he was ready to see his wife again. That picture will be even more special now!