Tuesday, January 29, 2008

MockDonalds, Weekend Fun, and other Ramblings...

Here I am, being a copy cat again.  Last friday a girl in the ward had me and the girls over after school to hang out and have lunch.  She made french fries from fresh potatoes (I have done this, but I put them in the deep fryer...not so healthy).  She baked them in the oven.  She pulled out a veggie tray and the grilled up some mini hamburgers and served them on homemade rolls.  So a hamburger sounded so good last night.  We went to the grocery store to get some fixins and such and the girls were begging me to take them to mcdonalds.  Instead, we made our own mcdonalds, now known as mockdonalds.  I served little burgers on rolls I bought and I cooked some fries (from a bag, I didn't have time to make some from scratch), and to top it off, my kids favorite thing at mcd's is the Orange Hi-C.  So I bought a pack of juice boxes.  They loved it.  I thought they were delicious!

I just realized that it's the end of January.  We could be on a cruise right now.  We were invited to go with Todd (Josh's business partner) and a bunch of him family.  It was a killer deal, but we ended up not doing it because I would've been 36 weeks pregnant.  Things with that didn't work out, so now I'm a little bummed I'm not some place warmer.  Oh well.

I never wrote about my awesome weekend!  It was a lot of fun!  Friday night the girls went to their cousins birthday party (they came home with funky hair streaked with pink and blue and makeup).  I guess they all dressed up like they were in a rock band or something.  I took the opportunity of having the kids gone to go to a movie with Tamara.  We saw 27 dresses.  We had been wanting to see it for a while!  It worked perfect.  I dropped the kids off at 7, the movie started at 8.  We went to Target and looked around a bit and then headed to the theatre, where we got dinner to eat while watching the movie.  It worked out pretty well!  Although the food was almost gone before the movie started because there were sooo many previews.   I guess I'm just used to the MOM club movies, no previews.  After the movie we stopped at Chili's and got dessert!  Yum!  :)  
Saturday was pretty boring...I went shopping for some groceries and cleaning stuff.  Nothing too exciting, but other than that it was a pretty relaxing day.  On Sunday I made a Cafe Rio style pork roast for Pork Taco's.  Soooo good!  Josh said it was my best pork yet.  I have been playing around with the recipe for a couple years now (I remember making it for Kiki's 2nd birthday).  Anyways, it turned out perfect.  We had our friends, the Sowards over for dinner!  It was a lot of fun!!  Thanks Guys (if you read this...)!  We don't have people over very often, we mostly just hang out with Josh's family, which happens  a LOT considering they live right across the street. 

Well, I need to get some stuff figured out for tomorrow.  We have an activity and I am supposed to have red painted blocks that say R.E.D. on them in vinyl (stands for read every day).  I totally spaced it, so I need to see if I can come up with some blocks and see if my father in law can cut me some vinyl today.  Yikes!  I let ya know how they turn out...i mean, if they turn out!  hehe

2 comments:

Tamara said...

You look cute in that picture, but I look like a total dork! Oh, well. It was lots of fun. Your mockdonalds looks totally yummy! You'll have to let me know how you've tweeked the pork barbacoa recipe so that I can make it too.

Angie & Willy said...

Sounds like a fun fun weekend :)

LOVE the snow blocked door. Oh my gosh that's funny :) And the snowglobe for the 100 days celebration is adorable!! (Clearly I'm doing some catch-up...)