Friday, January 4, 2008

All Alone on a Friday Night...

Ok, not all alone, now that would be nice!  haha  It's just me and the girlies!  Josh is going to some meeting dinner thing (something geeky i'm sure hehe) with some of his friends.  They were going to his favorite place so he reeeeally wanted to go.  It's called Fat's Grill and Pool, but whenever he goes there it comes up on the bank statement online as Fat's Grill and Poo, so that's what we call it.  lol  So I was sitting here deciding what to do with  my evening, obviously nothing too productive just like the rest of my day.  So I browsed through the pay per views and am recording the Nanny Diaries which I'll watch later after I put the girls to bed.  And then I called in an order to Wingers, to go.  
Ok now, how many times can a place SCREW UP before you STOP eating there?  Seriously.  I'm embarrassed to admit this was my 3rd time there in the last week...I've gotten some good deals, but w/ the problems, I'm not so sure.
Last Friday my friend Tamara came over w/ the kids and they had a pizza and we both had salads.  When we opened them up they were dinky, about 1/2 the size as usual.  Tamara had a moldy greenish olive looking tomato on hers.  I took it back in later to complain and the manager didn't really seem to care.  So New Years evenin
g I wanted to go out for dinner but Kiki was sick, so Josh suggested I bring the food home.  So I went and picked up another to go order, I have a discount card for free asphalt (mint ice cream, oreo) pie.  Well, I get home with a load of food and NO pie.  How annoying.  Now to tonight, I called the order in, hopped in the car and just hoped that my salad wasn't moldy or small or whatever else could be wrong with it.  I had a $5 card I got when I purchased a gift card for my brother.  I couldn't use it last time because I used the free pie.  So I get to the pickup window and go figure, they couldn't find my order, but the girl re
membered taking it.  So I had to sit there for at least 10 minutes waiting for my food.  I asked a manager looking guy if they keep track of previous orders (they ask for your phone #, so you never know) and told him they forgot our pie last time.  He felt bad about that and having to wait because they lost my order, so he said he'd give me some tonight.  
Finally something was done right!!  The salad was HUGE...and I was surprised to see 2 boxes containing the pie!  Woo Hoo!  1 for me, 1 for the kids.  LoL  Too bad they are so big!  And they don't last very well in the freezer.  I guess I will enjoy was I can tonight and be happy!!  
I did do something fun today...my Father in Laws 50th Birthday is coming up on Monday and my mother in law is throwing together a surprise party, she was asking for help with invitations and I basically insisted she let me make one digitally.  It was a lot of fun!  She said she'd love to get into it!  She printed them as 4x6's at Costco.  
What do you think?  I think I have written enough for today...Maybe I will give you all a break over the weekend, but maybe not!  :)

2 comments:

suzy said...

i love that invitation!! Where do you get your fonts from? Well I use photoshop and I have to do like a monthly calendar each month that tells what we are doing each week and who is speaking on sundays and who is having bdays. So not just a list but a blocked calendar. I went and looked through your old posts cause I remembered you doing a calendar scrapbook page so I went to the site you got your kit from and bought one too. Now I just have to browse around for some paper to use. I thought about asking you to just do it for me, before you suggested it because you do such a cute job on everything. But it would probably be more work to tell you everything that goes on it. I better learn this digital scrapbooking thing anyway. I've done it before, but I was no good. Thanks for your help. I'm so glad you have a blog so I can pick your brain.

Encore Dance said...

Hey Kari, this is Julia. I love the invatation. thats so nice of you to do that. I moved back to Price and opened a dance studio. I do miss Wingers! I love the sticky finger salad and I can and will eat a whole asphalt pie by myself! I envy you for having the guts to confront them, I'm a whimp when it comes to things like that.