Friday, January 4, 2008

More about Jammies!

These girls crack me up!!  

On Christmas Eve everyone gets new jammies.  This year we spent Christmas Eve with my family up at my parents house.  The drive there was nice...until we were ab
out 10 miles away, a huge snow storm hit!  I was driving, we were on the freeway still...it wasn't too bad.  I got off the freeway and once I turned off the main road I wasn't comfortable driving anymore, so Josh took over.  My parents live in Bountiful, very steep roads.  We couldn't make it up the first hill.  So we turned around and started going over to a more main street because it wasn't as steep!  As we are heading over there we see my brother and his family stuck on the side of the road.  Who knows how long they would've been there if we hadn't seen them because they don't have a cell phone.  So we stopped with them for a minute and left my phone with them.  They ended up having my dad come down in his truck to pick them up.  
We got to the less steep road and this is what it was ok...it doesn't look so bad, but it was so slick.  We passed so many cars that were stuck in the ditch, watch a couple cars slide off the road, and even someone that ran into a light post.  Yikes.  I think we went 4-5 mph until we turned off this road.  Then we were in trouble.  The road that would take us strait across to my parents road goes up, down, up, down, up and then down their street.  Yikes.  We couldn't make it up the first up.  We made it about half way up that first hill and then slid over into the ditch.  We backed down the hill and didn't know what to do.  A few minutes later a snow plow came and we quickly got behind it and barely made it over the hill.  Josh had it floored and cranked to the left the whole way up, but the car was quickly drifting to the right.  We didn't remember how up and down the road was until we got to the top, stopped, and looked down the big hill we were about to go down.  The scary thing was that we had to just go as quick as we could so we could make it over the next hill.  It made us nervous since the person in front of us went down and slid into the curb and was stuck.  We made it over the hill and eventually to my parents street, which is pretty steep.  I was scared we wouldn't be able to stop as we were going down the hill.  But as soon as we turned onto their street a snow plow came up it so we were able to drive on a somewhat cleared spot. 

That was quite an adventure.  We had a great time with the family.  I guess I will get to the point of what I was starting to write about...Christmas Jammies, if you remember...apparently I didn't.  lol  So, while at my parents house the kids all got Jammies, which they put on and ended up wearing home.  I've already shown you those, but here they are one more time, this time with the boys.  Anyways, so we got home pretty late, after 10 I think...and had to forgo 
opening our own jammies, but that was ok.  I put them all wrapped and pretty in the girls doorways so they saw them when they woke up and brought them into our room.  They were sooo excited and thought they were so cute, but wouldn't put them on.  They wanted to wear the ones Nana gave them.  Fine.  So we went about christmas and spent a lot of the day across the street at Josh's parents.  His mom bought all the kids matching Jammies too.  The girls took them and put them on immediately.  When I finally brought them home to put them to bed I begged them to put on the jammies that we had gotten them.  FINALLY!!  I got some great pictures and they were hamming it up for me to take some pictures.  But as soon as I was done with the picture, Kaitlyn was done with the jammies and she went and put different ones on to sleep in!  
But I guess she decided she did like them and wore them for the next several nights.  I guess this is long enough...I guess I write too much, too much for my mom to complain it was too long to read.  lol  Sorry mom, hopefully you made it through this one!  Gotta get all the details, since this is pretty much my journal!  :)  

2 comments:

suzy said...

So I went to my local small town fabric store to get some tulle to make Gwen a tutu and they had the fabric from your jammies!! They had a ton of other cute LDS themed fabric for kids too. So anyway, thanks for blogging about your jammies! I also have a little question. I need to make a calendar for the YW and I wanted to do something cute, any digital scrapbooking ideas?

Unknown said...

Hi Kari-I got your post on my blog. I'm sorry, but I didn't get your email. Maybe you could send it again? :) Just to make sure, it's tynmia@hotmail.com Thanks so much, Kari! I'll talk to you soon!
-Mia.