Thursday, January 3, 2008

I must be sick or something...


No, really. I am sick (head cold..runny nose. sore throat. It sucks) But seriously, 3 days in a row? I'm shocked for myself. lol

So leave it to me to never be satisfied with the first thing I make, in this case, a scrapbook page that was pretty darn cute in the first place. But no, I decided I didn't love it and stayed up way too late last night playing with a new one. That's just me I guess. Maybe I should start getting the pages I make printed so I won't have this "don't like it anymore" problem. Sounds like a good plan to me.

It's only 8 and I can't believe I am awake. I am ready to crawl back into bed because I feel so crappy. I got up at 7 with Jenica, who was great to get up with this morning. Most days she doesn't want to get out of bed, it really ornery, feisty, you name it. But this morning was good. I did have to talk her out of the outfit she picked out though...pink camo pants with a blue striped polo. We found a pink shirt that matched much better. And she was so excited to know that today was show and tell and she was supposed to bring her favorite christmas present. She didn't need to think about that one at all and ran quickly to grab her baby alive wets and wiggles doll.

I got the tree taken down last night. It feels weird in here now, but it's kinda nice because I don't have to squeeze past the tree to get in and out of the computer area. I like having the open space back. I still have lots more Christmas stuff to put away, but I am trying to get everything organized and labeled and even gotten rid of. I think I brought up 5 or 6 bins from the basement and each of them still have stuff in them that I haven't used in several years. I think that means it's time to just get rid of it. And I figured while I am at it, it's time to sort through the kids clothes bins (which there are probably 7 or so bins of, bad, I know) and see if there is anything I am willing to let go of, same with from their dressers and closets. And then the toys. Oh. My. We have waaaay too many toys and the play room I made downstairs is always a disaster. And then "my" stuff. I have a whole heap just calling my name. Most of it is scrapbooking stuff. Most of it brand new and I don't think I will ever use it thanks to digital scrapbooking now. Maybe I will try and sell it or something. Ok, enough talk about my cluttered, unorganized, overflowing with junk basement. I will just say that I have gotten the spring cleaning bug a little early. Can't say that's a bad thing!

I think I am going to go lay back down while I can. Kaitlyn is still sleeping (and so is Josh, lol). Have a happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

That turned out so cute! I love how you had the ribbon running under the scalloped edge. Is there an easier way to get that effect than using the eraser tool? Have a great day--I hope you feel better soon. Tamara

Unknown said...

Kari!! :) Of course I remember you! It has been so long since I have even seen a picture of you! You look so much the same, yet sooo much older than the young little Kari we used to live in Washington with! :) You and your family are beautiful! Your girls are dolls! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Yeah, Chloe was pretty excited to finally lose a tooth. She, too, had pretty much everybody in her Kindergarten class dropping teeth left and right, and she kept wondering when she would lose hers. It was great to hear from you, and I will check back on your blog often! I would LOVE to keep in touch! Drop me a line whenever you want! I'm going to add your name to my friends and family list if that is okay with you! Take care! And thank you again for checking out my blog! Hope to hear from you soon!
-Mia.

Unknown said...

Kari- You are so crafty!! Your page is too dang cute! You will have to tell me some time how to add the cutesie backgrounds and stuff to your blog page. Also-maybe you could tell me how you digitally scrapbook...I have never heard of that before, but your pages are wonderful! I know you are busy, but my email is tynmia@hotmail.com if you ever have a chance! Thanks so much! Have a great night! Your blog is sooo cute! :)

Angie & Willy said...

Your pages are both adorable!! The journaling disappeared in the second one though! Can't leave out the journaling Kari!! ;)

I keep meaning to take our decorations down but I hate how bare the house feels when it all comes down. I guess I'll probably tackle it this weekend.