Monday, January 7, 2008

Cupcakes, Deer, and Haircuts...

I suppose it is safe to say that I am obsessed with Cupcakes. Not so much with eating them, although I do enjoy a delicious cupcake...but I loooove making cupcakes, especially really cute ones that end up being delicious and I get lots of compliments on them! hehe

I'm sure you couldn't guess my obsession just by looking at the theme of my blog here...But anyways, I made these cute cupcakes (or at least I thought so) for my Father in Laws 50th birthday party tonight. And thank you to my mommy for getting me this awesome cupcake stand for Christmas. It is just perfect. And then the cute placemat...I picked that up at Target today (4 of them for the kitchen table) because they are so stinking cute! They are in the Valentines stuff, I love dressing up my table a bit with seasonal/holiday decor. It was between the cupcakes and some cute blue squares with a crocodile on them with a heart in its mouth that said love underneath. Cupcakes obviously won, although it was a tough decision!

The party was a lot of fun. It was up at my brother in laws house, like 5 miles away, straight up redwood. But, I get so nervous driving redwood now that Josh hit a deer. And tonight I almost had my turn. I was cruisin along when not too far ahead of me I see a few somethings run across the road. So I slowed way down and right in front of me 3 more deer ran across. I see one off to the left as I start to go and once I hit the gas it ran across. Luckily I missed it, but the car 2 cars behind me pulled over, so I think they may have hit it! I don't think the insurance company would have been thrilled with us hitting 2 deer in a little over a week. That and 1 deductible is bad enough. ($1000, ouch) And if I wrecked my car it would be worthless so we would have to get a new one. Hmmm, maybe I will go wreck it...lol...

I think I am ready to cut my hair. I always decide things like this very last minute. The girl in my ward that always cuts my hair only does hair on Tuesday (in her home). So how lucky, hopefully I can call her in the morning and she will be able to get me in! :) Because if she can't, I will probably change my mind. I love my hair, and I love it long, but it is getting our of control. It is such a pain to do, and it's just too much. I still want it long, maybe I'll take off 4-6 inches, I'm sure I could spare it, and thin it out and layer it up. I think the last time I got my hair cut was August 06, which I don't think is possible, but it's the last time I can find pictures of a change. No, that can't be right, I'll have to figure it out, my bangs would have grown a lot longer if it has been a year and a half. We'll see, I will let you know what I end up doing!

My week is pretty busy, I babysat today, babysit tomorrow, wednesday, and friday, tomorrow I have an activity days planning meeting and hopefully a haircut, wednesday I am going visiting teaching, thursday is the bookmobile, and friday I may be babysitting more kids than usual...but it's for an on call shift, so it may not happen.

Lastly, I have to post this that I got in an email from my friend Kim because I thought it was so funny, and then I will be done!



Keep in mind this actually really did happen!!!! This is someone who was leaving an insurance claims office.

Okay so this is how I imagine this conversation went:
Walmart Employee: 'Hello 'dis Walmarts, how can I help you?'
Customer: ' I would like to order a cake for a going away party this week.'
Walmart Employee: 'What you want on the cake?'
Customer: 'Best Wishes Suzanne' and underneath that 'We will miss you'.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I need to get my hair done, too. It's been so long that I didn't even remember what night she does hair! That cake story was too funny. Loved it. Your cupcakes were adorable--I can almost taste it--mmmmmmm. Tamara

Unknown said...

Kari-You and I are so much alike!! :) I, too, have an obsession with cupcakes!! I absolutely LOVE making them, but then I EAT them, too!! Hence the 30lbs I need to lose!! HaHa! I always make the kids fun ones that they pick out for their birthdays at school. If you check in december, you can see the spider ones I made for logan's b-day this year. When the kids get older I was thinking about opening up a store just for cupcakes! :) Wouldn't that be so much fun?!? Anyway, your cupcakes look great! They look super yummy! Oh! Yeah! I guess it has been a while so all our fam saw all of yours! I think Lincoln City might have been the last time?!? I'm not sure..I saw Angie's page-yeah, she is super crafty,too!! How is Adam and Guy doing? Please tell all of your brothers, and your mom and dad that I said hello! Maybe we should all get together with the moms and dads and kiddos and everyone and go to lincoln city next summer? That would be fun! :) Anyway, this is super long! Email me when you can! I love your cupcake background,and would love to know how to change mine!(And how to digitally scrapbook!)Thx! -Mia.