Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's already 2008!! Sorry I have been such a slacker at posting lately, not that many people even read my blog, but that's ok. I will try to do better! I hope you all had a great Christmas! I have so many more pictures to post from that day, but my camera only uploaded half my pictures (Christmas Eve) so that's what you get for now. We went to my parents on Christmas Eve and after playing, dinner, the nativity, and presents, Santa came and visited the kids. My Dad missed the whole thing because "he was in the bathroom". At least that's what the kids are all saying. It was great, the oldest grandchild there was 6 and the kids were soooo excited. Some day they will find out the truth about where Papa really was, but for now, it's okay! Jenica and Kaitlyn are sporting their new jammies that Nana made. I will need to get a better picture of the material because it is sooo cute! It has I love primary, the salt lake temple w/ a bride and groom, the young women colors/values, a little girl being baptized, probably more, but I'd have to go get them to see. Then on the shirt is the little temple, bride, and groom ironed on and the girls names. The boys jammies match, they are blue...I'll have to post a picture.

This is already seeming really boring to me, so hopefully it's not too bad. lol I'm still really tired. I think I went to bed at 2:30 or 3 last night (waiting for Josh to get home, he stayed at his brothers for a bit after our little party). I am really paranoid now because he had to work on Saturday to finish up a project and got home at 12:30 that night, but he hit a deer on the way home. We have seen so many deer lately and it sucks because it was the only nice car we have. Anyways, he got home last night and we went to bed, then at 4, Kiki woke up and she was having a hard time breathing, crying, coughing (barking). I think she has croup. Poor girl. It was aweful! We got her calmed down and then she got in bed with us, and I don't think I slept much after that. She was breathing so loud, kicking the blankets off, kicking me, kicking me more. LoL! I got up at 9 and went to smiths to get a few groceries and some juice and popsicles for her because we read that can help. I might call the dr later today if she still sounds bad. If they are even open today.

Today, January 1, it feels so weird. New years always feel a little weird to me at first. Today is also my Grandma's birthday. So every new years eve at midnight, I whisper "Happy Birthday Grandma" and hope she knows I think about her! She passed away 18 years ago. It's so weird that it has been that long ago. Anyways, this has turned into pure randomness, so I will stop rambling...It's 10:30, I should probably go get the kids up!

3 comments:

Angie & Willy said...

Papa must have had some serious potty issues going on ;)

Great family picture! I'd love to see the girls jammies fabric up closer. Our boys got all green pjs with frogs. Too cute!

Hope you're feeling well!

suzy said...

You need to post a close up of that fabric and ask her where she bought it. What a cute idea!!

Tamara said...

Sorry, I didn't even ask you what was up with Kiki when you mentioned she'd been sick. Croup sucks, we've been through that alot at our house. Happy New Year! Tamara