Saturday, January 12, 2008

calendar

I can't believe I missed another day! Yesterday was kinda busy, but at the same time it seemed pretty uneventful! It was the first day tending 2 new kids. Not that there is anything wrong with babysitting, but I was just thinking "Is this what I wanted to do with my life?" Am I giving my own kids the time/attention they need? It doesn't seem like it's that big of a deal, but I hope I'm not having other kids here too much. The first girl I watch is while her mom is at home sleeping (she works nights). I pick her up with Jenica at 10:45 from school and then her mom gets here at 2:15. So 3 1/2 hours, no biggie. These other kids I will watch one a week. They come at 8am, at 11:30 the 6 year old goes to school and the 4 year old (girl, which is great, someone to play with Kaitlyn) stays until 2:30. All the kids are really easy and the days are short. I don't know why I'm thinking about it so much...Maybe I need to set a deadline or something to when I'm just not gonna do it anymore. I have a great one...I'll have a baby...lol Then I'll be done for sure! :) Just gotta work on the baby part! My "due date" is quickly approaching...less than 2 months. I was hoping I would be pregnant again by now, but it seems to be taking longer than usual. It makes me sad sometimes, but I know it will happen when it's supposed to!

So today I spent WAY too long making calendars for the Activity Day girls. I went through like 3 different colors/themes and ended up with this one. I had them printed at costco and picked up to hand out tomorrow at church! I used the Cupcake princess kit from Designer Digitals (same kit at my background and header). The picture from and lined paper is from the Cherish Add on kit (from weeds and wildflowers design) and the Letters are from the Be Mine Felt Alpha (Designer Digitals) and the cute bow is from the-lilypad.com and is called fluffy puffy ribbons.

After I submitted the order for the prints I got the girls some lunch and we headed out to FINALLY do some grocery shopping. Blah. I don't know why I keep taking them with me. Josh was home and I could've left them home, but I thought it would be fun. I thought they would be good. Costco was good. Walmart was good until Jenica freaked out screaming over Pudding. To the point I had 2 ladies try to help me. I should've just left...but it's hard to bring yourself to leaving when it takes half an hour just to get there and you have a cart full of groceries. We eventually worked it out and finished our shopping. Smiths was pretty good, until Jenica pretended Kaitlyn was her dog and Kiki crawled and barked around the store. Cute, but sloooow.

Food is too expensive. Not really bad, but it seems to be when you are trying to eat healthy. I got some really good stuff though. I need to do better at eating better. And get back to the gym! Monday morning...I am tired of feeling sick all the time. Time to get a new check off chart (12 weeks) and this time I won't slack off 1/2 way through (it's really hard around Christmas though). Anyways, now I am just rambling, so I am going to go to bed, I have a really bad headache!

3 comments:

suzy said...

What a cute calendar! What size do you get these printed and how much does Costco charge? I was in a bind last week and had them printed at the UPS store and for regular paper size, they were 80 cents a piece. So it cost me like $20 to get them printed. They weren't near as cute as yours. My first attempt was way better than my final one, but after all that work I realized I was using the wrong value, so everything was the wrong color. Anyway, I will just go search for other Hawaii themed stuff. My heart was set on those, I am so sad. Oh well. We are doing glamour shots for YW on Tuesday and I am trying to find good actions and quick pages. I really like the link you have to ikeagoddess. Lots of good free stuff. Well now I am rambling.

Tamara said...

Cute calendar! Sorry the store turned out to not be so much fun. You can just never tell how that's all going to turn out. Don't worry about the prego thing--it'll happen soon!

*alysha* said...

Hey I'm activity days leader too. Maybe I should steal your ideas.