Friday, January 18, 2008

Pound Puppies

I must know, do any of you remember Pound Puppies?  Not just the stuffed toys, but the show?  A week or so ago I noticed that they have been playing the original series on Boomerang (I think it's a Cartoon Network Station).  I was so excited and recorded it for the girls to watch (It's on everyday at 3:30 here in Utah).  Anyways, they looooved it and want to watch it all the time, in fact, they are watching it right now!  I found the intro on youTube.  I had to put it up.  After I recorded it for the first time I told Josh to go play it for a second.  Here's how the
 conversation went...
k: hey, they starting playing pound puppies again, go turn it on for a second
j: pound puppies?  Kari, i'm a boy, i didn't watch pound puppies.  i watched stuff like g.i. joe, heman...boy shows.
k: just go play it.
(he turns it on and 5 seconds into the intro)
j: oh, pound puppies, i used to watch this all the time!  

It was so funny!!  So here's the video!


And here's a picture I pulled out today, it's from 1987.  I was living in Centralia, Wa at the time, and I got the pleasure of meeting a pound puppy at Yard Birds, lol.  And my brothers got to meet a Tran
sformer. 
 How cool is that?  :)

4 comments:

suzy said...

It looks like that dog wants to eat you, creepy. I wish I still had cable, I love the pound puppies and I love boomerang. Oh well.

Tamara said...

That picture is so cute! It was fun watching the video too. Brought back memories of watching it with Dan.

*alysha* said...

I had one black pound puppie and my sister had the brown and white one. Did I watch the show? I don't think I did. That video wasn't familiar to me so I guess not.
In that picture I have to agree it's a little creepy. His head is just way to big. Funny!

Unknown said...

How funny! My kids just got introduced to 'The Littles' a little while ago and absolutely loved it! It was so much fun! I totally remember Yard Birds! How fun!!