Thursday, January 17, 2008

{Crazy} weather

Sorry this is a few days late, but better late than never, right?  Tuesday the relief society had a munch and mingle up at the church.  Tamara used to be in my ward, and we go to lunch every week anyways, so I invited her to come.  She grabbed us some yummy salads from Bajio (thanks Tamara) and she stopped at my house for a second and then we drove up to the church.  I snapped this picture as I was walking out the door to get the kids in the car.  It was super windy, snowy, and foggy, but at least at the time there was some visibility.  Tamara asked me if she thought anyone would still go with the crazy weather, I said sure, let's drive up there and see.
And I am not even kidding you, we drove around the corner and BAM!  I couldn't see a thing.  Tamara was right in front of me and I couldn't even see her car.  It was really scary, the church is like 2 (really big) blocks away.  It was so bad.  
When we finally made it to the church and were safely parked we ran the kids inside and then came back out to get our food.  I got this great picture of Tamara, she took one of me, but it's not as good because I had a beanie on, so I just look like a retard.  I love this picture though!!  We had a good time and the storm cleared out before we left.  When I first walked into the gym I started talking to someone and they told me my face was all wet.  I wiped it with my hand and surely, it was.  I think my face was so numb from it being so cold that I couldn't feel the wet.

Moving on, here's a picture I am mostly posting so my mom can see, but it's what me made at our Activity for Activity Days yesterday.  We got this poster in the Friend Magazine, and I went and picked up more at the distribution center.  I won't even go into the detail of how horrible it was trying to find them, maybe another time.  But you cut out all the squares and each one has the month and theme and scripture that is what they are learning in primary.  You are supposed to memorize the theme and scripture and then you turn it over and it has a big picture of kids from around the world so at the end of the year you have a picture.  They looooved it.  I used my cuttlekids cutter and alphabet (I guess I shouldn't say my, it's Jenica's, she got it for Christmas).  For those who don't know what it is, it's a little die-cut machine.  Anyways, I used that to cut out I am a child of God and each girls name for their poster.
Today is going to be nice.  I was supposed to babysit for the lady in my ward, but her older daughter (I think she's in 9th grade) stayed home sick so she just left the kids home with her.  I don't mind watching them, the kids enjoy it, but I am just worn out considering I have been babysitting all week.  It'll be a nice break!  Gotta run get kiki some breakfast, me too.  I just got some yummy new cereal.  Mmmm.

1 comment:

Angie & Willy said...

OMGosh that photo of Tamara is awesome!! So funny. Scary storm :P