Thursday, January 17, 2008

watering flowers

I have to write this down before I forget.

This afternoon we went to Target to get some new towels for the kids bathroom, because I was noticing how the 2 once matching towels were now totally different shades of blue.  lol  It was making me crazy, so I decided I must have new ones and I love Target's towels (the cheap $4.99 ones that are super soft).  Ok, so who can go to Target and not look around at everything?  And of course we had to look at the toys.  What trip to the store isn't complete without that?

So...Jenica had found a really cute watering can she was packing around, then she found the same little mommy doll that Kaitlyn has, but with blonde hair.  She was begging me to buy it.  I took it from her and put it back on the shelf while she was starting to throw a fit.  She still had the watering can in her hand so I said  "water the flowers".

A lady was walking by me and she stopped and said "that's a great line, water the flowers, I'm going to have to use that."  I looked at her confused and told her I was talking about her pretending to water the flowers with the watering can, instead of packing around the doll.  lol  She thought I had said it because she was throwing a fit and I guess you could water the flowers with your tears.  Made me giggle, something that would be fun to say to my kids...but I doubt I'll ever remember to.

And of course I didn't just buy towels, I bought some new washcloths, cupcake plates (to go with the placemats and cups I have already), some laundry detergent, and deal of the day: a huge dora playhut playhouse.  The thing is almost as tall as me, it's ENORMOUS!  I was shocked when we pulled it out of the box.  Anyways, it was on clearance for $9.99.  I think it was reg. $40!  I think I need to take this one back because there are some funky sewing problems on it, they had a ton in store.  And one of the wires on the bottom of the wall is all tweaked so it arches up instead of straight.  But still, if I don't get to exchanging it, it was a good deal.  

I'm too lazy to take a picture of it right now, but you can see it here!!  And it's $50 at toysrus!  :)

1 comment:

*alysha* said...

water the flowers... I'm going to use that one.

So what the crap! Why didn't I have your blog address. And Why did I have to go to Todd's blog to finally find it. Are we not friends anymore? I'm waiving my fist at you Kari?