Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Look at these beautiful flowers my sweet husband brought home to me tonight!  They smell fabulous and are so so pretty!!  And here's my favorite part, that brought tears to my eyes:
There are 2 giant gerber daisies in with the dozen roses.  Why do these mean so much?   Because Josh brought me a potted gerber daisy plant on our first date, nearly 8 (EIGHT!!!) years ago!
And I did a little craft with the girls this afternoon as well!  It was fun!  We made these little valentine people...mine is the one on the left, Jenica's is the top right, Kaitlyn's is the bottom right!  Kaitlyn even cut hers out all by her self, put the eyes on, tapen on the arms, legs, hands, feet, and drew it a sweet little face!  I knew Jenica could do it, but Kaitlyn impressed me with her mad cutting skills!  :)

In other news...I am exhausted!  Last night was a verrrry long night!  We had a HUGE snow storm blow in, not so much snow I guess because the news said we only got 1-2 inches!  But the drifts were HUGE!  People were stranded...kids were stuck at schools, on buses...our power went out at about 4:30 yesterday.  I was worried about being home alone with the kiddos in the dark, and then my friends husband came and picked us up and we went to their house, and then we drove to the next neighborhood down to go to her sisters house because she had a gas fireplace...so we could keep warm!  Their power came on at 7:30, but power at home stayed out until nearly 1am.  So I'm glad we stayed over.  Poor Josh didn't even try to come home because it was so bad, so he slept at work!!  I think I'm heading to bed...yawn...

3 comments:

Tamara said...

How fun! Kyle and I agreed not to get each other anything because of our trip this weekend. I was glad to get out of my meeting though, I was really tired too.

Sara said...

Cute heart people! I love gerbera daisies. So pretty! My mom told me about that crazy snow storm that hit Utah County-- wow! Glad you had a nice V-day. :)

Unknown said...

Your flowers are beautiful! And so are the cutesie hearts you and your girlies made! Hey, I got an email from Sarah (Fuller)! I have not talked to her in such a looong time! She has a blog, and looks wonderful! If you don't have it already, it's on my blog under Oehler Family. Hope you are hanging in there with all that snow! Maybe you should come visit me! It has been in the 70's this week!! :)