Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pandas!

Well, I am exhausted!  I will post all the fun birthday details tomorrow, but I just had to show off all the cute stuff I have been making!  The girls are having a little combined friend party this year since I feel like Kiki is old enough now, and the have some of the same friends they like to play with.  Mostly that's Jenica's friends that Kaitlyn asks to play with also!  So I talked the kiddos into doing a Panda themed party!  I suppose this is my first "hybrid" project.  But here are the invitations I made using the Pandas from Mindy Terasawa's Pandemonium kit available from designer digitals (see link to left).  ANYWAYS...they are 4x4...I used a circle punch to make the little window w/ the panda behind, then the circle and scallop punch to make the pink around the little window and then i used some foamy things to make the green paper stick up off the card.  And of course the bow tops it off!  I LOVE THEM!  Thanks to Tamara for the c.u.t.e. idea and letting me borrow her punches!!  :)
Second project...Happy Birthday Panda Banner!!  I made 4x4 squares and printed them at costco on a 4x6 and trimmed them down, hole punched, and tied it all together with cute ribbon!  Another thing I love!  hehe  I'm just so pleased with myself and all my craftiness!  Ok, I used the pandemonium kit here also!
And this is what I am most proud of!!  The panda cake I made for Kiki today!!!
Don't you just LOVE IT?  I know I do!  I probably don't need to say it, but it's made to look like the panda from the pandemonium kit!  I looked for the bear cake pan yesterday, but had no luck!  So I used a circle pan and a bowl and then cut the bowl cake so it wasn't so deep to make the mouth/nose.  And the ears are cupcakes!  I made cupcakes too, but I will share those tomorrow!  Anyways, I made my own buttercream frosting and added baking cocoa to it (first time, it was delicious) and made the panda brown instead of black because 1.) walmart was sold out of the wilton black food dye and 2.) Black food dye is just NASTY!!!!  

Ok, I reeeeally need to get to bed!  I have an eventful day tomorrow too!  More later!!

9 comments:

*alysha* said...

so cute! I want to be like you when I grow up.

suzy said...

cute cute cute!! I am going to steal your banner idea and I am so glad that you mentioned a scallop punch, I need to get a big one, do you think they make them?

Unknown said...

So very cute! It all looks so adorable! You are going to have to explain to me sometime how you can print stuff off at costco? I still don't understand how all that digital stuff works... :) Maybe when the birthday craziness dies down you could email me? Chloe's birthday is coming up in March and I would love to make some cutesie stuff! Anyway- you are very crafty and it all looks fabulous! Great job! :)

Angie & Willy said...

So so cute!! Every bit of it!!

Happy birthday Kiki!!!

Sarah and Dan said...

MMMMmmmm....cake. Did it hurt cutting into it? I see you and I share something in common - we are both Activity Days leaders. (I saw your handouts previously on a different post.) I've been doing that for a year and a half, and it has been lots of fun. We have about 15 regulars, so it gets pretty busy in our house! Yes, we're haveing a baby girl and she is due tomorrow, the 20th of Feb. No sign yet that she's coming, though. Seems like these last few weeks are dragging by. Can't hardly stand the wait! Nice blog - I'll pop in every now and then!

Tamara said...

Oh my gosh! That stuff turned out soooooo cute! Love it. Great job. See ya soon!

*alysha* said...

is everyone who blogs and activity day's leader like us... seriously! You need to host a digi-scraping party... can I come? I want to make cutesie stuff too.

Sara said...

Cute panda party, Kari! :) I love birthday parties. All the details are so much fun. Great job!

Tamara said...

You need to post again! I keep checking and seeing your cute pandas again and again. Talk to you soon!