Thursday, March 27, 2008

Best Surprise. EVER.

So...yesterday I was stuck at home with no car.  My brother in law got the alternator tested...worked great.  So, I told him Josh's theory on the battery stuff with the car, he went up to my car, put the alternator back in and get 'er running!  My mother in law was going to give me a ride to pick up the car, but I didn't want to have to drag all the kids (I say "all" because I was babysitting).  Anyways.

About 5:30 Josh came home (I was totally shocked, he's never home that early).  He said "let's go get your car home" so I got the kids and a few minutes later I walk out the front door expecting to see Josh's cute little civic, but I see this blue van instead!  I totally thought he was messing around with me.  There was no way he'd just go buy a car.  I figured he was just test driving it and as soon as we get my car home we would take the car back.  I walked around the back of the van for some reason and noticed it had temporary plates on it...you know the cute hand written date ones?  Yah, I'm not the proud owned of a 2006 Honda Odyssey!  Pretty silly that this is my dream car, hehe!  I kept waking up all night thinking it was all a dream, but it's still there!  :)  I'm a Minivan Mama!!

And the timing couldn't be more perfect!  With our trip to Disneyland in a month, that will make the drive MUCH more pleasant, especially with the dvd player!  The kids are in heaven!  Now back to old crappy car....we went to pick it up and it made it half way home before dyeing!  So hopefully this morning we can get the new cable or whatever and get the problem fixed, I'm really worried about where we left it on the road.  My friend said she saw a cop behind it with the lights on last night.  I hope it's still there!  It died at a stop light this time and Josh was luckily behind me in the van...so he hopped out and pushed me back onto the side of the road.  That's all we need now is for it to get towed!  Anyways, once it's home and running well again, I will clean it up, and we will sell it!

I gotta go get Jeni ready for school!  I can't believe it was 71 on tuesday and this morning we have some snow!  Crazy March weather!!

**EDITED TO ADD** I suppose things can't just get better...crap still happens.  We went to get crappy car this morning, and it was gone.  Lovely.  Came home, made a dozen phone calls and found it...it was towed!  They want $155 for the tow, + $15-$30 depending on if it was towed last night or this morning.  Wonderful news!  Just what I wanted to have to deal with!  Josh is on his way up to figure it out right now...it's odd because the place we found it at says they can't tow without the police telling them to do so, but none of the police departments around here have record of towing it...I had to call the county dispatch to find out anything and they didn't have a department linked to it. It's retarded.  I'm glad you can't leave a broken car on the side of the road for a whole 13 hours...well...not even that...who knows when it was towed!  I'll let you know what happens!

6 comments:

suzy said...

Don't you just love surprizes?? How fun. Sorry about all the crap with the other car, doesn't that just make you sick? Good Luck.

Tamara said...

I am so excited for you! That DVD player will be heaven on your trip. When we got one for our first big trip we didn't hear a peep out of the kids for hours! See ya!

Sara said...

Oh yay! That's so cool that you finally got your van. I don't know how you survived so long w/o one! I have loved having a van. I love the color -- very pretty. :)

Angie & Willy said...

Well YAY on the van and YUCK on the towing! What a nightmare to have to be dealing with the tow crap on top of the dead car crap. Your van looks awesome though! Had you guys test driven together already? Talked about colors, etc? I'm not sure if I'd want to strangle or smother in kisses if Willy pulled off a surprise like that. Looks awesome and you'll LOVE it on the trip!

*alysha* said...

I am so jealous! I filled out an get to know you quiz once and it asked what is your dream? I wrote, "to own a Honda Odyssey" True Story... so jealous!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new super cute van!! How exciting! :) Great color,too!