Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wednesday Ramblings...


Cracklin' Oat Bran!  It's actually very delicious once you get past the fact that it looks like dog food, covered in milk.  Maybe I find that gross because I'm pregnant...?  But I did buy some at Smith's this morning because I remember eating it at my Grandma's as a kid and liking it!  Still very tasty, just can't look at it too long.  hehe
Speaking of gross looking, good tasting food...there is a great example!  Jenica took about 2 bites and called it good, she just couldn't get past the GREEN appearance.  This was St Patricks day, breakfast was green oatmeal, green buttered toast, and green milk.  I choked down some green toast with my regular colored oatmeal...it made me feel gross.  Funny.  

And have I mentioned how much I despise my car lately???  Well here is some more!  My brother in law is a mechanic, he took a look at why my car failed and said it was a bunch of crap.  So he pressure washed the engine to show there was no leak, and he fixed my tail light and I took it back down and it PASSED!  Even though the dude was still a total jerk, but that's besides the point.  So I drove it around and noticed the brake light and battery light were flashing at me.  I just figured a wire or something was loose.  I ran to the grocery store that (monday) night, and when I got into the parking lot the radio died.  It was really weird.  We got some food, and then I went to go home, and car wouldn't start.  I was so mad, I forgot my phone at home.  Luckily I saw a guy from my ward and ran after him and he came and jumped my car.  3 TIMES!  Each time he took the cables off it died.  He ended up giving me and the girls a ride home!  

Yesterday morning Josh went down and took a look at it...it was the battery connector things, like it always is when the car has a problem.  So he fixed it, jumped it, and I got it home.  I even turned it back on to make sure it still worked.  It did.  So yesterday afternoon I had like an hour and a half to myself while the girls were at a primary activity.  I decided to run to Target and pick up some stuff to see if it helped them with their oh so itchy all the time skin.  I made it to the off ramp of the freeway and when I stopped, the car died.  ON THE OFF RAMP!  I tried to roll down the window, but it wouldn't go, so I had to open the door to signal people around me.  My hazards were hardly working...a really nice guy stopped and we jumped the car, but again...as soon as the cables came off, the car died.  An incident management truck came and he pushed me over onto the side of the road.  My brother in law (the mechanic) came to see what was up with the car.  He couldn't figure it out.  Josh thinks it's the battery, BIL thinks it's the alternator, so he yanked it from the car to have it tested.  So now my car is sitting in a park and ride lot...hope it's still there.  Josh would've gone and done the battery thing to it this morning, but he doesn't have time to put the alternator back in.  So, I'm stuck home today! 

So there's the fun I know you all wish you were having the last couple days!  :)  It's wednesday, the weeks 1/2 over.  I babysit the rest of the week...which is good, I'm saving my $ for our trip to DISNEYLAND in 33 DAYS!!  We are soooo excited!  A leave tuesday come back saturday trip has turned into a leave sunday, come back saturday, possibly sunday.  Depends if we stop in Mesquite on the way home.  We decided to break up the drive into 2 days because  you can get a room there for $29!  It'll make it a little easier with the kids!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow! I'm so sorry for you! I hope your week gets better! I am always scared of being by myself, without my phone, and my car breaking down somewhere like a freeway off ramp!! Aghh! And thanks for your sweet comment! Actually, it is just a paper cup under there! :) You just pull the hair up around it and put a ponytail holder tightly at the top, and voila! Conehead!! She is already talking about what to do next year, and she's decided to do two-like piggy tails! :) We'll see how that turns out! Hope you are feeling better! Talk to you soon! :)
Mia.

Angie & Willy said...

I'm guessing alternator. I actually guessed that with the very first "symptom" hehehe. Sadly I've had mine go out before and it sounds exactly like what you're dealing with (otherwise I wouldn't even have an uneducated guess beyond "dead battery") Hope they get it sorted out quickly. No computer + no car = stranded, lonely Kari I'm guessing :P

Diana said...

Keri, that is horrible! You are a brave lady to keep that car. Wow, you are patient. Good luck with the car thing, and again congrats on the baby! I'm really so excited for you. You can tell me all about the three kid thing! Tell Josh you get to drive his nice fast car, and he gets your car! I think that is only fair for his prego wife and two darling kids.