Friday, March 28, 2008

Update on Crappy Car...

Half of my day yesterday was soooo stressful and sad.  I couldn't let myself enjoy the fact I have a new car...

Josh and I went up to get crappy car out of impound...$184!  I think the most frustrating part was that they got the car during the last hour or 2 of Wednesday, so they charged me $15 for that day and $15 more for Thursday...what a joke...it wasn't even there for 12 hours...and we had to pay for 2 days storage.  Whatever.  So the guy there was kinda a jerk.  Josh went in to figure out what was going on and there was no paper work...nothing saying why the car was towed.  He ran across the street and talked to the police who told him that Lehi City had it towed.  Because it was a Traffic Hazard.  Wow, I did't know that parking a car on the side of the road was a hazard.  It's not like we were leaving it there forever.  Then we learn they only take debit or cash.  All we had was a check, because I needed to come home and deposit all my saved up checks so we could afford to get the stupid thing out.  So it was kinda a waste of time for poor Joshy and we had to head home because it was time to pick up Jenica.

I got Josh's brother to go with me later in the day to pick it up!  Same thing, guy was a jerk, but I paid for it and then we went back and he wiggled the battery cable, jumped it, and it made it home.  So now it's at least home and I don't have to worry about it anymore!  Thank goodness!

On the way to pick up crappy car I was still pretty stressed about the situation, but Josh called me and said he had gotten the checks all picked up to pay for the van and  it was now ours!  I felt so relieved.  Everything started to feel like it was going to be okay!

I've been looking forward to being able to drive places now and I am excited for tomorrow!  We are going up to my parents again because it's my dad's bday on sunday, we we're going to dinner!  And then the rec center up there has free ice skating and swimming from 7-midnight, so I think we are going to try and go over there for a little bit!  Can't wait!  

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Thanks for bringing the van by yesterday--it was fun getting to see it. Glad everything worked out ok (in spite of all of the money problems!)

Angie & Willy said...

What a nightmare. I can't believe how frustrating that must have all been!

I forgot to mention before that the color of your van is the exact color I would pick if I had the choice :) I've always liked dark blue cars! It's so pretty!

Sara said...

ryc-- well obviously i wouldn't assume that YOU thought my kids were cuter than yours if you said they were "the cutest." ;) You're funny!

Diana said...

Hey, exciting for you! Congrats on the new pair of wheels. That was a great suprise by Josh. Way to go..I agree with you, I think that is any mother of three's dream car! Nice.