Monday, March 31, 2008

Ice Skating!

Saturday was a lot of fun!  We went to my parents house for my Dad's (56th) Birthday!  We all went out to dinner at Costa Vida (It was good, but I haven't been much for Mexican food these days...)!  After dinner we had some time to  kill before the free iceskating started, so we went back to my parents for cake and icecream!  Nothing is better than a delicious costco carrot cake!!  :)  Then we headed over to the South Davis Rec Center for some fun!  We were supposed to go iceskating on Christmas Eve last year, but it didn't happen because of a huge snow storm (remember the one that nearly stranded us on the way to Bountiful?).  The kids have been begging to go still, so we finally did!  The kiddos had  never been...I'm not sure about Josh, and then I probably haven't been since my senior year of high school when we went for Young Womens once.  I was a little nervous, thinking maybe I shouldn't be skating, but I never fell...so I guess it was ok?  Anyways...Jenica took held onto me pretty tightly for the first time around and then she was good to go, never held  me again...she fell quite a few times, but never let it bother her, she's hop right back up and just keep going!  She loved it!  Kaitlyn wanted to be held constantly.  She did very well on her own the few times she tried, but she wasn't a fan of falling and when she would fall...she would FALL!  Flat out on the ice.  Silly girl.  
Here are all the girls (Paige, Jeni, and Kiki).  Notice how wet Jeni's pants are...lol. 
And I had to take a picture of Guys hair.  He hasn't had a haircut since...last June, I believe!  It's so thick and curly...and he even wears barrettes and Bobbies now.  Here he is sporting the monster Bobby that Josh found him at Costa Vida!  Silly Boy! 

We probably skated until about 9pm and then headed home!  They were open until midnight, and the kids were begging to stay...but we had to promise to come again another time!  Jenica is already asking constantly when that's going to be!  

We got home and I got the kids to bed.  Then I chilled on the couch and had a popsicle.  Mmm, it was good.  But then a few minutes after it was gone I was laying on the couch and I told Josh I was going to puke, I sat up.  He didn't believe me.  He patted me on the back a couple times which sent me running to the bathroom!  Sure enough, I puked for the first time.  10 1/2 weeks until I threw up for the first time.  Guess I can't complain!  I just figured it was a 1 time deal, I feel nauseous all the time, but I don't usually throw up.  Then last night I got into bed and read a story to Jenica, then a few minutes later I was running for the bathroom again!  2 nights in a row, I wonder if this is going to be a regular thing now...guess we'll see tonight!  I weighed myself this morning...I am down 8.5 lbs.  I usually lose about 10 lbs before I start to gain, so at least something is going normal for me...!  Anyways, I need to get some food in my belly... Happy Monday!  

Oh, and it doesn't seem like March is going out like a lamb...yesterday it snowed on and off all day...turning to rain in the afternoon/evening melting the snow, and today we woke up to snow/ice everywhere!  Scraping ice off a van is NO FUN!  Time to clean out the garage so I can park in there!!!

PS  I tried uploading a video of Jenica skating...but I just cancelled it after waiting for over 2 hours...I'll have to try something else later!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

YaY! Tell your dad happy belated birthday for me! :) And please tell Guy hello! It's been so very long since I've talked to him! It looks like you guys had such a fun time ice skating! I've never taken the kids, that's a fun idea! And I'm sorry to hear that you are starting to throw up...hopefully it won't be a regular thing! :) Thanks for the pics! Your family is so very cute!

Tamara said...

Ice skating looks like it was fun. I wish ice skates didn't kill my feet like they do! Try eating total cereal in the morning or at night instead of taking your vitamin and see if that helps (at least while you're nauseous!) See ya!

Agent 565 said...

Congrats on baby #3!!! How exciting.

Elizabeth said...

oops - that comment above is from lizzy, not jed :)

Angie & Willy said...

Awwww! Great family photo!! And the girl cousins look adorable together :)

sorry about the puking... but YAY at the same time!

Wowza Guy's got some serious hair going on.

Sarah and Dan said...

Congrats on baby #3! Too bad for the pukey stuff, but that all comes with the territory. I enjoyed seeing a recent pic of your brother. I got a wedding announcement from him many moons ago, but we had moved out of the address he sent it to. (We had been temporarily living with my husband's sister.) She gave it to us way too late and we didn't know about it until several months after his reception date. I was totally bummed we missed it. Please tell him for me that I thought his wife was so beautiful in their engagement photo. I'm sure she still is!

Anonymous said...

WOW.....all kinds of news that I am behind on. Congrats on the new van....and an even bigger congrats on BABY #3!!! I haven't been in on your site lately....so I was very surprised!!! Congrats again!

Sara said...

that looks like tons of fun! your brother looks just like you. (or vice versa?)