Saturday, April 12, 2008

Feeling Sad!

I don't know what my deal is this morning. I am having a hard time with Jenica. She is begging to play with Aunt Alicia (she lives across the street you know). And honestly I would love her to go, but I asked her to clean her room before she goes. I hear her in there throwing stuff and then she comes back with her doll all ready to go play. I go and check her room. There is still some stuff on the floor, but worst of all, she shoved all the big stuff into her closet. She's really growing up if she has figured that one out. lol

She has been really really whiney and I just want her to finish and leave. I need some peace and quiet right now so I can finish putting together my TALK for sacrament TOMORROW! Yah, I'm a procrastinator. I never wait until the last minute to write a talk, but maybe that's what adult me does...the last time I gave a talk was 7 years ago! I was 19! Did I mention tomorrow is my birthday? I am feeling sad for myself for having to speak on my birthday. Poor me! I have a great subject, I am just really having a hard time tying in the things I want to add from different talks and such.

I am speaking on Elder D. Todd Christoffersons article titled Becoming a Witness of Christ. (you can read it by clicking on the title) It is from the March 2008 Ensign. It is a wonderful article and I have prayed about it and I feel the most important thing I should share is based on having a testimony of Christ. I have found a couple things from Elder Dallin H Oaks, one major thing I feel I should share is from his conference talk last Sunday about testimonies...It was a great talk. And it talks about what a testimony is not. And how to gain one. Anyways, I found another article by him from 1990 titled Witnesses of Christ, which talks a lot about including Christ in your testimony. Anyways, I guess I shouldn't be blogging, I should be finishing this thing up so I can practice it.

Wish me luck, I am extremely nervous! I hate speaking in front of people. I am always so worried of what they will think of me. I know I need to get over myself and just do it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you have to give a talk on your birthday! I'm sure you will do great! I was not blessed (like the rest of my family) with the ability to talk in front of a large group of people, I freak out! I swear I have anxiety issues over it! I stress,and stress,and stress, my voice is all shaky, etc....I feel absolutely stupid. I'm sure if I took some form of medication for it, it would really help me to calm down!! haHaHa!! :) You will do great! And you will feel even better when you are all done and are proud of the wonderful job you did! You will think back and wonder why you were worried at all! At least that what I tell myself! :) Hope it works! Have a Happy Birthday!! :)

*alysha* said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!! I wish you the best of luck on your talk. I can totally relate to having anxiety about public speaking. Coincidently Ryan is giving his first sacrament talk since he was 19 tomorrow. I have never seen him so nervous. I said, better you than me. (he he) He made me promise not to tell ANYONE in his family (especially Todd) because they would come just to make fun.
I have a feeling you're somewhat of a perfectionist like me and therefore your talk is going to be awesome because you're worried about saying the right thing. Anyway that's how I am... and I too have not given a talk since before I was married... shhh, don't tell my bishop. Honestly my voice gets so shaky it sounds like I'm crying. It's embarrassing.
Sorry this is so long... but I also wanted to say I totally get the feelings about your daughter (growing up and not listening) I've been dealing with the exact same thing lately and it makes me sad too. But than my 4 year old will do something cute or good or nice and it's not so bad. Speaking about conference talks... Elder Packard really helped me feel better when he talked about young mom's being frustrated and having ups and downs. But that the Presidency loves young mothers and is always praying for them.
Well, good luck again and let us know how it all goes, talk and birthday...

Some of my friends and I are getting together on Thursday for a playgroup at the Draper Park at 11:45 bringing a sack lunch... you're welcome to come.

Tamara said...

Happy Birthday and good luck! I just got a call this morning that I need to teach today because the teacher can't, so I'm almost in the same boat. And here I sit--blogging instead of preparing!