Sunday, April 13, 2008

26!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!  :)
I am now 26.  Man, I'm getting old!  hehe  It's been a good day!  Church was good.  The talks went very well!  I was so nervous, but I pulled it together and got through it.  I had 6 pages!  Holy cow, by the end of the 1st page my heart wasn't pounding quite so hard, but when I got to page 6 I lost it.  I started crying and it was sooner than I had expected, when I practiced my talk I didn't get emotional until the last paragraph.  I still had a whole page to get through.  Anyways, that made me nervous that people wouldn't be able to understand me and my heart started pounding again!  
Tonight we had all of Josh's family over and some of our friends for a BBQ courtesy of my cute hubby!  It was a lot of fun!  Great food and company.  I have some pictures to post, but I will do that tomorrow.  I am too tired to hook up the camera.  Lazy, I know! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm glad everything went well! Have a happy,happy birthday! :)

Sara said...

I'd been wondering where you were! Happy Birthday!! I'm glad your talk went well -- I can't believe you'd been able to go SEVEN years without having to give a talk in sacrament meeting. seems like we have to do it like once/year or something.
Can't wait to see pics from your bday. Hope you're feeling well pregnancy-wise!

suzy said...

Wow, you had a busy busy weekend!! Happy Birthday! Are you so glad to have your talk over with? I would rather they told me 2 days before or something because even if it's a month away, it makes me ill to think about. Maybe you won't have to speak for another 7 years.

Angie & Willy said...

Happy birthday Kari!! Sorry I didn't call. I blew it and got distracted by my pink bundle and totally forgot to call last night. Hope it was a wonderful day :) Love you!

Kim said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kari!

Encore Dance said...

Hey, I'm just catching up on blogs, so Happy Birthday!!