Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Slacking...

First off...Thank You all SO much for your thoughts and comments!  I can't believe I hit 30 COMMENTS!  That's definitely a record!  I love all the attention!  :)

Sorry it's been so long since I last updated...I am truly a slacker.  But I have been crazily trying to get as much done as I can while I am still "small".  HA!  I am not enormous yet, but the boys, well...one of the boys is already up in my ribs...if that gives you any indication to my size.  I am definitely getting bigger, but the big is still to come, i'm sure!  

I decided to pull out of the Japanese Exchange this year, which makes me so sad, but I can't make that kind of a commitment with not knowing what will be going on with me.  For all I know I could be on bedrest and Josh will be out of town for the last 5 days of the program this year, so there's no way I could do it alone.  If I was having one baby I would still do it...I'm sad because it's been such a great experience both years we did it...and it will probably be awhile before we can again because of lack of space.  :(  This house is about to be crowded!  

I am trying to get everything done now...because I know it will only get more difficult!  I have already began painting and have a few more painting projects I would like to complete before they arrive.  I decided to start by moving the girls back together, which was going to happen regardless because we have the bunk beds and the babies need a room.  I was sick of the pink on pink paint in there...and I really wanted to get some new bedding...so they would feel like their room was "updated" and they got something special and it wasn't all about the babies.  I decided I couldn't part with the bedding we already have, so I settled and just painted over the darker pink bottom paint with a bright turquoise/blue that matches their quilts!  I LOVE IT!  New paint is always so much fun.  Plus the pink has been there since before Kaitlyn was born...so 4 1/2 years!  I don't feel bad.  

I have to finish putting their room back together, then I will post a picture!  My next project was a toy relocation.  Last winter we set up a play area in the basement, which ended up getting trashed constantly with the loads of dumb toys down there, and then upstairs was always messy with the "better" toys we had up here.  So I went down on Monday and worked all afternoon.  I bagged up like 6 big garbage bags of toys to take to DI...yah, we have a ton of crap!  Sadly the other half of the basement still needs to be gone through and most of it taken to DI also, but I have a TON of bins down there to organize the rest of the stuff.  Anyways...Tuesday I took every single toy from the girls rooms upstairs and got them all organized downstairs...and got rid of a few of those as well!  It's great down there now!  I hung up the puppet show, hooked up the little TV with the Wii...they having been having a blast playing down there!  And I am loving having them on another level of the house.  It's so much quieter up here!  And I love not having toys scattered all over up here.  It's quite nice.  

Ok, I feel like I am just rambling...I have a ton of pictures to post, but I have to make some stuff to take dinner to someone tonight, so I better get busy!  I just wanted to let you all know that I am alive and doing well...here is a family picture that was taken last Saturday at a reunion we went to for where Josh grew up!  It was a lot of fun, even though I didn't know most of the people there.  This picture is missing my girls, little sil Alicia, my sil Shelley and her kids.  
Left to Right:  Sarah, AJ, James, Laurie (Josh's mom), Alan (Josh's dad), Me, Josh, Jeff, and Jason.  

2 comments:

Angie & Willy said...

Ooooh! Can't wait to see the bedroom makeover :) Turquoise and pink sounds great!

Are you still in shock?

suzy said...

No pictures of the paint? I need ideas and you are always a good inspiration. I am painting Gwen's room pink and it looks almost white in the can. Take some pics of your painting projects!!