Thursday, August 28, 2008

32 Weeks!!

Alright folks...I don't know how much  you'll see of me in the next little bit unless we concoct some way to put my computer next to the couch or I get a laptop!  lol  

Here's an update of todays events:

I went to the dr for another ultrasound and appt.  The ultrasound was great!  Babies are still growing...nearly identical in size!  Baby A is still head down, waaaay down there and he measured 4lb 9oz.  Baby B is still very breech up in my ribs and he measured 4lb 8oz.  So the babies are growing great and everything is good!  

Then I got in with the dr and he was debating whether or not he wanted to do a pelvic exam or not to check to see if I was dilating.  He decided to do it, and to my surprise (and his) I am already dilated to 3cm and 60% effaced.  Holy Crap!  Not now!  It's way too soon!  I need to keep this boys in here for another 4 weeks, ideally!  So, everything was pretty much a whirlwind after that.  He put me on strict bedrest...which will be the hardest part, with the girls and all.  But luckily I have so many people around willing to help me.  So he wants to laying down all the time (I had to get up to go potty, so I figured I'd hurry and update you all).  Anyways, then he told me he wanted me taking Turbutiline pills every 4 hours during the day (they relax the uterus and stop contractions).  Then he told me I need to get the beta/steroid shot on my way out and then I need to come back in 24 hours to get the 2nd dose.  This, in the words of the nurse, is a miracle drug and helps the babies lungs to hurry and be developed.  So I went out to the nurse and she told me to go back in the room because I get the shot in my butt!  Yay for me! 

Turns out it wasn't really in my butt, just on my hip and HOLY COW that baby burns!  And it is very tender to the touch!  So he is confident that as long as I am flat on my back that we can make it to 36 weeks!  I am so not ready for these babies to come, I feel like I have so much left to do!  :(

My mother in law said she would come clean up in the mornings for me so I don't have to worry about the house and she'd bring me lunch, and then I'm sure we'll be having a slew of dinners coming in from people in the ward.  A great thing about the church!  I feel very emotional because I feel so helpless and bad that I can't take care of my kids!

My (awesome) friend Tamara came over when I got home.  She had picked up my pills for me, which was a huge help, and she got lunch for us at Bajio.  After we ate she did my dishes and swept and mopped the floor!  Thanks so much Tamara!  You are awesome!  Oh, and she brought me a bedrest survival kit with magazines and coloring stuff!!  I'm so spoiled!

Alright, I better get back on the couch and find a movie to watch or something.  I'm bored!  I'll update when I can, and maybe when I get up again to use the bathroom I'll have one of the kids hurry and snap a 32 week belly shot!  :)  Oh, and for the record, I measured 43 cm!  YIKES!!!!

7 comments:

Lara said...

Kari,

I am sorry you are on bed rest! That really stinks; I also had to get that painful steroid shot. When I was pregnant with Landon I went in to preterm labor (I had appendicitis and didn't know it) and so I had to stay in the hospital over night so they could give me shots (the same drug as the pills your taking) about every few hours. The next day when they released me on bed rest I had to get the shot in the butt - yeah, it hurt and I cried, more because I was so frustrated from my pain (the appendicitis) and that I was going to be on bed rest for who knows how long. Well, not long because less than a week later I had Landon. I was so grateful to have had that shot because if he was born with out those two doses he would have been in the NICU for 6 weeks instead of just the 2. I was fortunate that I didn't have any other children to tend to.

Take care, I am glad you have friends to take care of you.

Lara

Jocelyn said...

I was at the hospital this afternoon for my 2nd non-stress test, and was thinking about you... knowing you were 32 weeks today. I can't believe you got put on bed rest... but hopefully the time will go by quickly, and hopefully those boys stay inside as long as possible! It sounds like you have a lot of help coming in... that is a relief. You definitely need a laptop! :)

suzy said...

You are such a good little mommy. You are going to have the cutest little matching boys and they will add so perfectly to your already adorable family. What movies have you been watching? Anything good?

*Jane Lee* said...

Oh Kari! I'm so glad Tamara is like the coolest friend to you in the world! Everyone needs friends like that! I must say that now that you've posted about this, you'll probably get lots of fun things for the next few weeks from all your friends and neighbors. I'm glad you actually POSTED that you were on bed rest so that we didn't have to find out from some random person. SO, with that, call or text me if you need anything... even if you just need a drink of water, I'll run down! Hopefully Josh is reading all your post replies to you so that you know how many people care and love you.

I'm sure your babies will stay cooking for the time they need. They're HUGE and growing nicely, it sounds like. Great job! Keep it up and don't stress. Your babies will be here before you know it. :o)

Hugs,
Jane

Nat said...

Oh, I am sorry! Bedrest SUCKS! I only use that word for special occasions...

I had nine months of bedrest with my last baby. I had to take those awful pills and had the steriod shots. No fun! Hang in there. At least you've only got a few weeks left! Good luck!

Liz said...

I know the feeling of guilt! At least Jenica is in school. Just know that your kids are probably having more fun wherever they are. I had to tell myself that A LOT. Sometimes I believed it! :) Aren't friends and neighbors great?

I won't lie; bedrest is awful! But trust me when I say that you will wish you were on it AFTER the babies come!

Good luck and I hope you can keep your sanity! :) We'll miss you tomorrow, but I'll send Josh with some food for you!

Love, Beth

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

No way! I had no idea! Oh...I sure hope those little dudes stay in there!!! I was never on bed rest and so I feel very lucky! I'm sure it must be sooo boring at times...nice and relaxing though! :) PLEASE let me know if you ever need anything...I would love to come up...even just for a visit! Oh, and my mom and I had horseback riding scheduled for Saturday, but we are trying to change it so that we can make it to the shower! Hang in there..it will go by quickly and before you know it they will be here! I can't wait! :)
Oh, and I think you asked about the bundle-me's for the carseat...I would totally give you them if I still had them...I've already given away most of my stuff, at least one set of everything. If only we had know that this would happen!!!!