Friday, August 29, 2008

One Day Down...

Greetings! :) I am surviving and have made it through 1 day on the couch! Things are going okay! I'm trying to get things figured out with help and trying to make a schedule and stuff. Josh brought home his old laptop from work...it's nice...but it's not a mac! :( I am such a mac addict, it's hard to use a pc, but I won't complain because it's better than nothing!

Today Josh stayed home from work. He got up and got Jeni off to school, she rode bikes with grandma and Alicia to school today. I think she was pretty excited about that! I drove up to the hospital to get my 2nd betamethasone shot and Josh took Kaitlyn to the dr because she's had a nasty cough for a couple weeks now! The shot sucked, didn't hurt as bad as the first one, and I also found out I was getting a double dose in each one, makes sense...2 babies...double the amount!

I got some info on how this bedrest thing works! I forgot to ask yesterday! The nurse said I don't have to be on my side all day laying, she said I can sit with my feet up as long as I am reclined. So here I sit, chilling on the couch with this sweet laptop! Besides, they said it's not good to lay all day, it's better to switch positions and keep the blood circulating! Good to know! I can get up to use the bathroom, shower, simply to take care of myself. No housework, no lifting at all, no cooking. It'll be a hard adjustment, but we have lots of help, so it shouldn't be too bad!

I don't know what else to write! This is probably boring enough! Guess I just wanted to let you all know that I am surviving so far! :) I'll keep you all posted! Have a happy friday!

5 comments:

Nat said...

How can you use a lpatop if you have no lap?! :)

Diana said...

Kari, Good luck with the bedrest! It sounds like you've got it covered. But if you do need anything, you just holler! I'm pretty good about making lunch and I'd love to bring it to you to visit. We will have to plan something! We can even clean while were there or something exciting! Good luck sitting, laying, etc. Those babies are worth it!

Tamara said...

Enjoy it while you can, right? : )

Amber said...

Good luck! If you need anything at all let me know. I would like to come see you with AJ. Remember those boys are worth it!

Amber

Jocelyn said...

I'm glad you got a laptop... even if it's an old one, that's better than nothing. Yes, my doctor has checked me two times so far... everything is the same. My NST is on Wednesdays at 1:15 for the next 3 weeks. It's not bad, unless the baby/babies are sleepy or too squirmy. :) The one I had this past week they had to use the sound machine to wake one of them up! He didn't like that so much... but it made him wake up and show us his heartbeat at least. :)