Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day Of School!

Ok, so the first day of school was on Monday and I'm a few days behind getting these pics up, but better late than never, right??  So onto the pictures!  Sunday night I told Jeni to go pick out what she wanted to wear the first day.  Next thing I know she is laying out her complete head to toe outfit in the family room on the floor!  (She has done this every night as well).  Anyways, what you can't see is her underwear that are hidden under her pants.  I love the shoes and socks at the bottom and the headband on top!  :)  
I decided I would show you all her pictures from the first days of Preschool and Kindergarten!
I can't believe how much she has grown up!  It's just crazy to me that she is already in first grade, on her way to turning 7!  Where does the time go??
Here is a full body shot to show her stylin' outfit she picked out!
I was so proud of myself...I didn't cry when I dropped her off.  I thought for sure that I would!  Here she is with her new teacher!
And here she is sitting all proud at her new desk!  Which is a big step up from Kindergarten...they just sat at big tables!
She has been loving it!  I thought I would hate having her gone all day, which I kinda do, it's a little sad, but it's been soooo very nice.  Kaitlyn is so easy going and doesn't ask for much (except for food).  She just plays the computer or downstairs with her toys and she's happy.  I love not having to argue with arguing kids!  Makes my day a lot less stressful!  

UPDATE on how I am feeling:  CRAPPY!  lol  The dr told me to take it easier.  I have been, he said to make sure I am down for at least 12 out of 24 hours in a day.  I have been.  Plus lots lots more!  I hate to complain, I'm only going to get bigger and more uncomfortable, but I am in a lot of pain.  Walking/standing has become very difficult!  It really sucks!  I am not sure if it's ligament pain or if it's my pelvis!  I just know that all I want to do all day is lay on the couch and take naps!  :)  So after complaining about my lack of mobility I find it funny that I plan on running a (very) few errands today, to pick up paint and a few things we've needed from Target.  Josh's mom keeps offering to paint the nursery for me, so I'm going to let her, just means I have to go get the paint!  At least at target I know they have those scooter cart things, I'll have to use one of those, either that or Tamara is going to have to push me around in a cart!  lol  

Tonight we are going to a SL Bee's game for Josh's work!  The girls have never been to a baseball game, and there is going to be a big pre-game dinner/bbq at the field!  Should be fun!  As long as I always have somewhere to sit!  :)  Alright, I feel like I am rambling!  Ciao!


8 comments:

Nat said...

The first day of school is rough. Congrats on not crying! My babies just started second grade and kindergarten. Man, I am old! :) Cute pics, and cute girls! How old is your youngest?

Unknown said...

She looks so cute! And I love your idea for your little posters each year! You're too creative! I'm sorry that you aren't feeling so well, but hang in there!!

suzy said...

I think that is so cute that you make a sign for her first day every year. I might steal your idea, but my handwriting isn't as good as yours. It makes me sick to think of sending my kids to school, but it's exciting too. Your kids are so cute!

Jocelyn said...

I could just copy and paste that last paragraph for a post of my own. :) I have a lot of errands to run and things to do before these babies come and I just don't know if I can do it. Just in the past few days it has become a lot more difficult. But I don't want to complain, either. I'm so happy to be having these babies... but yeah, this pregnancy thing is very uncomfortable right about now. :)
I love how the outfit (including socks and underwear) is all set out perfectly... is she a little perfectionist? So cute!

Angie & Willy said...

Heeeeeeeey! Where's your 31 week photo? I totally love watching you grow hehehe.

VERY cute outfit Jenica picked out and laid out. (I love that her panties are even laid out under her pants LOL) She's sure growing up!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

HEY KARI! Good to hear from you!Your Family is ADORABLE!!
Your little girls are so stinkin CUTE!!
I can't believe all the people having TWINS these days!!
That is one of my BIGGEST fears...Sad I know...But, I can't even handle having 2 kids three years apart, let alone 2 at the same time!
WOW.....PLEASE Call me if you ever need some help! I would LOVE to come hold babies!

Jocelyn said...

That website you told me about for naming is really cool. Hopefully we can figure out what we're naming them SOON. Jonathan is on my short list, too... I love it. For a "K" name... I love Kevin. I think it sounds really good with Jonathan, and with your last name, too. I'd use it if it weren't my brother's name. :) Pretty fun that you are going to do the J and K names!
Yes, I had my first non-stress test on Wednesday... not too bad, it lasted a little over an hour because the boys would not calm down and cooperate! I need to get your email so I don't have to leave huge comments all the time! :) Mine is joceanne@gmail.com so send me an email if you want and I'll have yours.

The Shane's said...

you gave me a great idea! the girls are starting preschool september 8th! i'll have to go make them signs like that!!!