Friday, September 5, 2008

1 week down...

What a day! It was nice to get out of the house for the first time in a week! It was nice to put on real clothes for the first time in a week...although my shorts seemed loose on me. It's after 2pm and I have been gone all day! I am home now and ready to take it easy and spend the rest of the day laying on the couch!

I went in for my first non stress test. My appointment was at 10:45. But they didn't call me back until 11:30! I hate when places are running so far behind. I was supposed to be up at the dr for an appointment with him at 11:45...I was obviously going to be late! So the test went good. The babies had great fluid and heart rates and it couldn't have gone better!! I was an hour late for the dr appt. His nurse was really worried about me and had tried calling me and left a message because she couldn't get ahold of the other office because they were closed for lunch...but I was still in there! It was hilarious, about half way into the test the boys had had it and were trying to kick the monitors off. They were sick of them pressing on them!!

Then I was off to the dr! I lost like 3 lbs in the last week, which makes no sense because I have finally been able to really eat, because they have dropped. At least I felt like they have dropped and the dr measured me which confirmed that they had, I was 42cm...down from 43cm last week. Then he checked me. I was so relieved when he said that I was still a 3, but I am now 70% effaced. Not a huge difference, but he told me to be very very careful! He sounded hopeful to get another week out of me...which will be fabulous, then I will be 34 weeks! He didn't mention anything about making it 3 more weeks...we can hope. We will see! He also mentioned how low baby A is...he said he is "right there". So...here's to another week on the couch and trying even harder to stay down. I think I did really good this week.

3 comments:

Rob and Shannon LaFontaine said...

I'm glad everything is still looking positive! Keep us up to date. These babys really will be here before we know it! :)

condiefamily said...

I love checking your blog and seeing your fabulous prego belly! Congrats. Good to hear all is well. Enjoy your time on the couch-it won't last long! Wish I was there to bring you a casserole!

Shelley said...

Hey Kari- You better keep to the couch! I don't want to be seeing you at my work anytime soon (the NICU) If you can make it to 36 weeks, I may not even see you at all! Cross your fingers.