Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 12...

yup, my titles are exciting! You'd think I could come up with something more creative with all my free time and all! I have made it through another weekend, and I am laying here on the couch, still pregnant, so that's very good! Even though I am extremely uncomfortable and it's only getting worse! You'd think it would be nice to lay around all day, but believe me, it's not! My hips and thighs are so achy, it is so hard to find a comfy position anymore! But I don't like to complain, so I'm done! :)

Saturday was my family baby shower! It was fabulous! I got tons more diapers, tons of wipes, blankets, cute clothes, a crib mattress, and some other great stuff! Here is what I looked like, all laid out on the couch during the shower!
My mom took the picture, and emailed it to me with the title "Beached Whale Sighting"! Thanks Mom! I like the picture though, I think my arms and legs look really skinny...but maybe it's because of the huge mass in my mid section! Or simply the fact that I weigh the same now as when I began this whole thing! Who knows!

I must say that one of the highlights of my weekend (besides the shower, of course) was the German Pancakes that Josh made us for breakfast yesterday! I was getting in the tub and he came and asked what the recipe was. I told him 6 eggs, 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, and then told him how to cook them. I got out of the tub and he was just putting them in the oven. 15 minutes later he pulled them out and wasn't sure what to think. He said something about it looking like german...cake! I looked and it looked like a nice fluffy cake. He asked what he did wrong! I had no idea. Then he said "you said 6 eggs, 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, right?" I started cracking up! We both laughed for a bit and I couldn't believe he didn't think anything of how thick the batter was. We decided to try it, very very sweet cake. We put some syrup on it and it wasn't too bad. The girls loved it and asked for seconds. I wish my camera had been in the house, I should've taken a picture! Oh well...there's always the memory, right?

My mom is on her way down, I have her stopped at a couple stores for me and grabbing what I feel is the last of the stuff I need! I've been making a list of stuff I felt I need when the babies get here, so hopefully I got it all! She's stopping at Target and getting my crib bedding, I am SO excited! It's on sale this week!! Even better...it's gonna save me like $40! I'm all about saving money! Once we get it all put on the cribs I will finally take a picture of my boys cute room!

Tonight Josh is taking the girls to the State Fair! They are so excited! I am kinda sad though, I think because we have gone for the last 5 years (this year will be year #6). And they are going without me! I feel like I should make Josh a list of things they have to do/see while they are there because we have pictures every year doing it. I don't want to seem too crazy, he better take pictures! So it will be just me and my mom tonight, which made Josh feel better about leaving me, he didn't want me to be home alone incase I went into labor or anything! I will make it until at least this thursday...I am determined! I think I would rather have the dr check me and say you're having these babies now rather than go into labor and have to hurry to the hospital! My girls came too fast and I am so scared of not knowing when to go in and having babies in the car or something. Everything will be ok, I'm just paranoid! And I'm not saying I want to have them this week....another week after this would be great! I'm just grateful for every day they stay in...as uncomfortable as it is...it's better for them! Anyways, my mom is going to get us some pizza tonight and maybe we'll watch 27 dresses or some chick flick! That would be fun!

Alright, i'm starving and want to eat before my mom calls me for our next shopping discussion! I was on the phone with her the whole time at BabiesRUs telling her what to get while she looked for it! It was fun, wish I could've been there though! Anyways, more later, definitely fair pictures soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great! I'm glad those little guys are hanging in there! Hopefully they will stay in there for a while longer! Anna, (older sister) just had her 3rd baby on Aug. 29th. He was 6 weeks early, so they are still down in Berkeley at the NICU. He is doing really well, he was born at 5#9oz! Not bad for being born at 34 weeks! Hopefully he will be able to come home this week. Hang in there, only a little bit longer then you will get to hold your handsome little guys! Take care!

*alysha* said...

I think that's a cute picture. And you may not want to hear this but I say enjoy it while it last. I know you're totally uncomfortable now but I can only imagine how much harder it is going to be to take care of them once they're outside of your body. Hope the rest of your waiting time goes smoothly.

BarefootFairyMum said...

Wow, I can't believe it's almost time! I love checking on your blog to keep up. I can't wait to see those little fellas! Take care!

Sara said...

You do look great! How is it possible that you haven't gained any weight?? Did you lose a bunch in the beginning or something?