Monday, September 1, 2008

Boring!

I'm sorry if all of my blogging lately has been boring, since I don't have any new pics to post! I didn't know where my camera even was until just today! It's kinda hard to take pictures when you're on your back all day!

I can't believe tomorrow is Tuesday already, which means 2 more days until Thursday, which means 1 week down, hopefully 3 more to go! If you could even follow that! :) I think about things too much! No one thinks I will make it to 36 weeks...my goal right now is to get to at least 34 weeks...and then we'll go from there! I am definitely NOT ready for these guys to come yet. Not that there is much else I can do to prepare myself now or anything. My body just isn't ready to go through labor and delivery and all that...TWICE! The terbutaline has been killing on the contractions for the most part, but I will get an intense one every once in a while. Bad enough that I feel like I have to breath through it! It scares me! And I think the pills I am taking are causing some horrid acid reflux! It hurts so bad! I feel bad for anyone that has to deal with that on a regular basis!

The rest of our weekend was pretty unexciting! We laid around and watched movies all day Saturday. Josh picked up some pizza for dinner. When he got home he puked! I was really worried that I was going to get sick, but I have been ok in that area...so has Jenica. So hopefully it has passed! Yesterday was spent on the couch, few movies watched. And today...you guessed it...on the couch! We have been very well taken care of!! Last night Josh's mom brought us dinner, then this afternoon we went across the street (and I got to lay on their super comfy couch) for a BBQ and we hung out for awhile, and then my friend Tamara brought us delicious chicken kabobs for dinner (Thanks Tamara, again, you are the best!)! Tomorrow morning my mom will be down until Wednesday evening and she will help with the laundry, cleaning, dinners.

Oh, and I must tell what a HUGE help Jenica has been! I love it! My 6 year old knows how to do the laundry BY HERSELF! I guess that is the advantage to having a front loading washing machine. She puts the clothes in, detergent, fabric softener, knows how to start it, and then when it's done she goes down and changes it over to the dryer, cleans out the lint tray and starts it. When that is done she puts it in a basket and hauls it upstairs. The last few loads have been her own and kiki's clothes. So they have sat here in front of me and folded all of their clothes and then put them away! I must tell you, it is FABULOUS! I wish she was more willing to help sometimes, but I will take what I can get!

And props to Josh...he has been fabulous as well! Getting us all breakfast in the morning, making lunch when he's home, getting Jeni up and ready and to school, washing dishes, puting stuff away! H'e's great! He's really stepped up! Thanks Love!! :)

Ok, it's getting difficult typing while I am laying down, and I have written a novel! So I will be back tomorrow I am sure with more! Cross your fingers these babies stay put! I have a family baby shower this weekend! I can't miss that! hehe

3 comments:

The Shane's said...

stay in there little guys! mine made it to 37 weeks! i got several doses of ter... whatever it's called! what a big helper! so glad you are taking it easy!

Angie & Willy said...

Oh Kari... I don't envy the bedrest kiddo. I'm so pleased to hear about the help that people are offering and that you're accepting!! WTG Jeni!! And Josh!!! Hang in there. Stay put baby boys :)

Rob and Shannon LaFontaine said...

I hope the little guys hang in there for you! I can only imagine how tough the bedrest thing is. How great that your kiddos are being so helpful and understanding. Keep us up to date as much as you can! Good luck!