Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cutest Nursery, Ever!

I know I have already posted today, but I have had these pics on the camera for a few days and I need to get them up!!

On Friday my mom brought down her cute, very talented friend Paula! She is a very good artist/painter. She was going to paint my airplanes and clouds in the nursery for me so it could be done! I have gone back and forth with doing the planes in vinyl, trying to paint them myself, etc. This was definitely the best choice!

Here is the window, and the cute valance that I designed and my mom sewed it for me out of the receiving blankets I bought that match the bedding! Nothing like $10 for a valance and a blanket left over! :) Anyways, doesn't it look awesome? I looked everywhere trying to find a cute saying to put on the wall but I couldn't find any thing that I felt went in a kids room. So on friday I was looking online at different vinyl letters sites and found one (can't remember where) and there was a link for kids/babies and then nurseries, and the an aviation theme link. Most of them were really corny...but I fell in love with this one! "I love you as high as the airplanes fly" Perfect, so I had her paint it on the wall!
Here is above the cribs...
Above the other crib, and around the corner...
By the door and closet...and you can see the cute dresser my mom painted for me. I had the drawer fronts white washer, and one of the drawers was broken (thanks dad, for fixing it for me). Anyways, she painted the fronts all brown for me!! I love the way it looks!! And you can see the cute diaper cakes that Alysha gave me for my baby shower! :)
So there you have it...the room is done...they can come now!

10 comments:

Amber said...

Sooooo cute! I love the planes. Your Mom's friend is very talented. I'm so excited for you!

Diana said...

That is SO adorable! I LOVE the airplanes!!! I can't wait to come and see the room in real life and to hold one of those CUTE little babies! Good luck in the next couple of days/weeks!!! You really are getting close. I thought for sure hearing that you went in last night that today I'd hear you'd had a baby! Not soo. They just wanted to wait until their airplanes were on their walls! CUTE!

*alysha* said...

That is the cutest nursery ever. I should've done airplane diaper cakes!

Tamara said...

Wow! Sooooo cute! Even cuter than I imagined. I love the quote on the wall--I didn't realize she had done that for you too. She's awesome! Now you're all ready, so where are those babies?

Unknown said...

I love,love,love the room! So adorable! The quote goes perfecty!! Can't wait to hear when your sweet little guys make their entrance! I'll keep checking back frequently! Hang in there!! :)

Angie & Willy said...

It is absolutely adorable! Even cuter than I imagined from your description. Love it!!! Come on baby boys! You've got a cozy room to come to now :)

Lacey said...

I just saw the nursery in person....this is the cutest room I have ever seen!!!!!! I can not wait for these two precious boys to get here!!!!

Elizabeth said...

love the nursery!! so cute. can't believe you've made it this far. i can relate with all the painful contrax going nowhere. when i finally went into real labor with rowan (been at 5 cms for a couple weeks) it happened sooo fast (40 mins). i know i keep asking - but are you having a c-section??

Nat said...

I like how your nursery matches your blog! That is a cute nursery!

Jocelyn said...

Wow, I'm impressed! The whole thing is super cute and I love how the airplanes match your blog background! Love it!