Sunday, September 21, 2008

Look where I went last night!


After dinner last night, around 8 I was laying on the couch. I felt lots of contractions so I decided I should time them...it makes me nervous to be far from the hospital and the dr said if I have any regular ones that I should go in. So...I charted them on contractionmaster.com (cool website) for over an hour and they were 4-5 minutes apart. They were getting more intense, but nothing really painful. Remember, I didn't feel like it was real labor with Jenica until I felt like I needed to push...and when I got there I was a 9. I definitely do not want that to happen again. So, I made the decision that I better go into the hospital and get checked.

We left home around 9:30 and took the girls with us, we figured if it was the real thing we would get my mom or josh's mom to come get the girls. We got all checked in and they put me in a room and I changed into the hospital gown. I guess when I was in the bathroom changing Jenica got really concerned and asked Josh "is what they are going to do to mommy going to hurt her?" Anyways, the nurse checked me...I was still a 4, but she said I was about 85% now. They got me all hooked up to the monitors and my contractions were showing up every 3-4 minutes! So they watched me for an hour and then checked me again. Still the same. Kinda frustrating.

She said since I am having twins they wanted to monitor me at least another hour before making the decision to keep me or send me home, so they did for another hour and a half. They were getting painful, enough that I couldn't sleep through them. I was hoping I was making some progress so they would just keep me, but when she came back at almost 2am to check me, I was still the same! :( So..they sent me home!

By the way, Josh's mom came up and got the girls to come sleep at her house, we would've just taken them there before we left, but no one was home. They left with her around 11:30 or 12.

Anyways...the last hour of contractions were one after the other. If you looked at the computer it was up down up down up down...no space inbetween. But after 3 hours and no change, I was done. I was worried about having painful contractions and not being able to sleep when I got home, so the nurse gave me an ambien to help me sleep. It definitely did. We got home at 3am and I slept until almost 12:30! I still feel exhausted! So it was quite the eventful evening...too bad these little boys didn't want to come out yet! Maybe soon!!

4 comments:

*Jane Lee* said...

Oh, MAN! I was hoping this was the last prego picture before the babies were born. Well, it's ok - I guess they're not finished cooking. I hope, for your sake, they are finished cooking soon. You still look fantastic. Lucky!

*alysha* said...

so disappointing! Better luck next time. At least you got some sleep.

Shelley said...

Ok, they can come tonight or tomorrow night, I am at work! But hopefully they won't. Sorry.

Jocelyn said...

I did that about a month ago when I had a day that I didn't feel them moving as much as normal... it was so weird, it was like they were sleeping the whole entire day because after going in at night to be monitored (what the doctor on call told me to do) everything was fine and the next day they were back to their active selves. I'm sorry you had to spend so long in there and then got sent home... but at least it's good they're staying in there as long as possible.