Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Now What?

Something good did happen today...I had my NST scheduled for 11 and they actually called me back at 11! It was A-MAZING! I was so used to waiting for over an hour. Lovely! So, baby A didn't want to cooperate so he had to get buzzed a couple times. It felt crazy! Baby B has also surprised me again, the ultrasound showed that he is mostly head down. Shocker! So now I have 2 head down babies! All ready to make their entrance!

So, then we went up to the dr, where surprise, we had to wait for quite awhile. They were way behind. So I got in with the dr finally and he measured the belly....45cm....he said the biggest he's seen is 48cm. I'm getting there! And then the fun check...I am now 4cm and 80% effaced! I was completely shocked when he sent me home and said I could still last another 2 weeks. I don't know what happened, and I feel bad for complaining of my pain last night...but you would not believe the pain I am in now! I could hardly walk out of his office. He offered to get me a wheel chair and I said no...I'd be ok. Well...I made it out in the hall, almost to the elevator and couldn't take another step. My poor mom had to go clear down to the 1st floor and get a stupid wheelchair and bring it back up to the 4th floor. I felt like such a retard riding in it.

Anyways, we stopped and she picked up lunch at skippers on the way home! I haven't eaten there in ages! So when we got home and I had to get out of the car and walk into the house it was horrible. I cried it hurt so bad, besides the fact it took like 5 minutes just to walk to the couch. I hate getting up to go to the bathroom now because I cannot walk. What is wrong with me!?

So, make sure you check out my pictures from this morning that are below! I just wanted to update you all! Oh, and I am still contracting like crazy! I have tracked them for the last 2 hours and they are every 6-13 minutes. Nothing totally regular, but I am still worried about when I should go in. I just pray that my water will break this time early on so I will know for sure. Incase you didn't know...with Jenica I got to the hospital and I was a 9, and my water still hadn't broke! So I need to be really careful this time! Please tell me your good epidural experiences because I am so freaked out about getting one...I have never had one before! Ok, I'm about to fall asleep! I'll keep you posted!

10 comments:

Amber said...

My epidural was good. I was having really bad contractions when finally I told them I wanted it. They walk you through the whole thing. Jason saw the needle and he said it wasn't very big like he thought it would be. At first it burns,then it kinda stings, then you get this really weird cooling sensation go all the way down your back,then it burns again for a few seconds then you are done. For mine they left the needle in my back connected to a hose that was connected to a button I could push all I wanted. All I can say is I went through 3 1/2 bags by the time I had to push. I was very scared and I am a HUGE wimp but, really it was a good experience. I will have one again. Hope that helps your nerves.

Diana said...

I LOVE MY EPIDURAL! It was the BEST check I have ever written in my whole life. Honestly, it is the ONLY way to go. Props to you never having one, so sit back and enjoy this one! Think of it this way, you've already endured so much pain with these two babies, that you deserve a break. You are doing so well holding on to those little guys. It sounds like having them both head down and your progressing that your time might be going quickly! I can't wait to come and visit you...any new names picked out? I can't stop thinking about what your going to call them??? YEAH! Good Luck.

Liz said...

Because you've never had one, ask for a Low Dose Epidural. It's enough to lessen the pain, but you will still have a bit of control. With Daphne, I swear it was the most you can get, cause I was completely useless. I hated not knowing when to push and not having any control over my legs. With Joseph, I had the Low Dose and it was so much better! The pain was manageable, I could move my legs and had a better idea of when to push. They still had to coach me, but I felt like I was able to participate more. Congrats on making it this long!! I'm sure if they came now, everything would be fine. Good luck and hope to hear good news soon!!

Angie & Willy said...

When I had my epi with Ben, about 4 or 5 minutes after it was done my mom said "Oh look! Angie's back!" Apparently I'd been a bit... ahem... grouchy without it? heheheh. Honestly it's not terrible. It's a little freaky but the anesthesiologists know what they're doing and will take good care of you. They'll talk you through it so there are no surprises.

Way to make it another week!! Hope you can get comfortable :)

Holly said...

Good luck with the twins! I am a friend of Jane's, and my twin boys just turned 19 months! The pictures of your big belly, the talk of Non-Stress-Tests, it all brought back so many memories! But way to go on passing 35 weeks, almost there! I went full term with my twins, and I was very glad I did as Baby A was still only 4 lb 13 oz, but they've both been healthy and vivacious from the get-go! I ended up having to have a C section because little Baby A decided to remain breech. Congrats and best wishes! I love my twin boys!

suzy said...

How exciting!! Kind of nerve wracking and scary I bet, but EXCITING!!

Nat said...

I was 48 cm. with my last baby. It's not nearly as fun as you might think. Of three epidurals I have had three good experiences. I have done both natural and had an epidural. I would choose an epidural over natural anyday. Good luck!

Shelley said...

I really think it is up to you whether to have an epidural or not. Everyone experiences pain on different levels. If you feel like you would enjoy it more with an epidural, do it. If you want to experience all the fun of pushing out two, you go girl! Hope not to be seeing you soon, but will be watching for you at work!

Unknown said...

It must be so frustrating to be in pain. I have had had epidural/inductions with both of my girls because I never had any contractions at all and never went into labor on my own. My epidurals were great! I slept for a good portion of each labor. It is so great to be comfortable.

*alysha* said...

I have had both natural and induction/epidural and believe me the epidural is SO worth every penny. The only reason I didn't have it the first time is because I dilated too quickly.

I'm guessing I had a medium dose because I still felt pressure to push but my left leg was numb. They totally walk you through it so I wasn't scared, in fact I kept saying how much better this felt than last time. I had a sense of what was going on and even making bets if I could make it by midnight. My little dude was born at 12:01am And it was such a wonderful experience being induced with an epidural I will never go natural again.