Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oh The Pain!

I really hate to complain...but this will be over soon...and then you can all put up with complaining about lack of sleep, feeling like a milk cow...you know...all the fun stuff that comes with having a new baby, in this case, babies! :) But there will be lots of pictures that will make it worth it all! Now I'm getting ahead of myself, hehe!

So yesterday I spent yet another day sprawled out on the couch! Surprise! Anyways, I had the laptop laying on the ottoman next to me and I don't know if it was the way I was laying or what, but baby B (my breech, transverse, who knows how he is now, baby) wedged himself in my right ribs. I could feel it starting to hurt yesterday, but by bed time, it was KILLING me! I probably woke up every hour last night...it was horrible! It feels like I have a huge bruise in my ribs and everytime I move, it hurts. Tons of fun! As long as I don't move, it doesn't hurt! : )

Tonight it is starting to feel a little better, so that's nice!

Saturday I was off my pills for nearly 13 hours before Josh got the refill picked up! I was having regular contractions all day, 5-6 minutes, up to 10 minutes apart. He got the pills and I took one and after a little bit they started to taper off. I still had them, but not like I had been. Josh and the girls went down to Utah Lake with his family and went boating. They had a lot of fun. And once I started feeling like it wasn't "baby time" I felt better. They were only down there for a few hours.

Sunday we went to Josh's grandparents for dinner to celebrate his moms birthday. I hobbled out to the van, and when we got there I hobbled to the most comfy chair I've been in in a long time! They have the coolest lounge/recliner outside chairs, so I was all laid back, and rested my dinner on my belly. It was hilarious because the babies kept kicking it and trying to knock the plate off! But while I was laying there I started having a bunch of contractions and they were starting to get painful! Then the moon started to come up...Full Moon...I started thinking that was the night. But once we got home, they stopped coming so regularly and look...i'm still here!

I keep having contractions off and on...I go to the dr tomorrow. Non Stress Test at 11, and then I will be checked by the dr afterwards. I am very interested to see if I have progressed due to the amount of contractions I have been having, and all the pressure I have been feeling. Like the one I am having right now! Ouchy!

The plan was for my friend Aimee to go with me to the dr so I didn't have to go alone. My mom is coming down tomorrow to help around the house and do dinner for us. Then Kaitlyn preschool teacher called and she cancelled class tomorrow due to a family emergency, so I had to make a change of plans. My friend Tamara is going to watch Kaitlyn, and Josh will drop me off at the hospital on his way to work and my mom is going to meet me there. She seemed excited because she's wanted to see an ultrasound done, and they do one at the beginning of the NST, so that'll be cool. Hopefully the nurse looks around a bit like the last one did instead of just measuring the fluid. And then we get to watch the heartrates and such! Then hopefully I come home and make it another week. But I think if they come before then, they'll be ok. Guess we'll all see!

I just planned on coming on here and giving a quick update and now it has turned into a book! Sorry! Hope you all are well!

2 comments:

Angie & Willy said...

Darn. I thought you meant if we read all your complaining tonight there would be pictures ;) You meant lots of pics after the boys are born, huh? :P I need to see your belly!!!

I'm glad you've made it another week. Looking forward to your update after your appointment. Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow!

Love you!

Clair said...

Wow, girl! Hang in there! And on the contrary, you're hardly complaining at all. Just telling it like it is! Can't blame you for that. And if anyone has an excuse, it's you! You have maintained an excellent attitude through all of this. I'm glad you're still blogging :)